A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Glider exam prep software?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 23rd 09, 04:55 PM
tienshanman tienshanman is offline
Member
 
First recorded activity by AviationBanter: Jan 2009
Posts: 64
Default Glider exam prep software?

I need some advice for finding good online material I can download/buy to study/practice for the FAA Written Knowledge Test and for the Check Ride Oral & Flight Tests. I am overseas and really canít get books sent to me. Iíve scoured the web. Iíve looked at ďDauntless-soft.comĒ for instance. If anyone has any good advice Iíd appreciate it. I need some concise, effective software in a hurry! Iím coming back to the US sooner than expected for an extended visit. While home in TX I will get a bit more practical instruction to round out the instruction Iíve had overseas and I hope to complete the tests. Thanks.
Ads
  #2  
Old April 23rd 09, 08:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 154
Default Glider exam prep software?

On Apr 23, 10:55*am, tienshanman tienshanman.
wrote:
I need some advice for finding good online material I can download/buy
to study/practice for the FAA Written Knowledge Test and for the Check
Ride Oral & Flight Tests. I am overseas and really canít get books sent
to me. Iíve scoured the web. Iíve looked at ďDauntless-soft.comĒ for
instance. If anyone has any good advice Iíd appreciate it. I need some
concise, effective software in a hurry! Iím coming back to the US
sooner than expected for an extended visit. While home in TX I will get
a bit more practical instruction to round out the instruction Iíve had
overseas and I hope to complete the tests. Thanks.

--
tienshanman


Two google searches got me these:

Practice Tests He http://www.exams4pilots.org/
Practical Test Standards - Glider: http://flighttraining.aopa.org/libra...-s-8081-22.pdf
(might be out of date though)
  #3  
Old April 23rd 09, 08:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 22
Default Glider exam prep software?

webexams.com
(but a few of the answers are incorrect. if you take enough of the
tests from this place and others, you'll recognize which ones will be
defunct when you get scored)
Definitely get an ASA book. they at least double check their answers.
Britton
  #4  
Old April 23rd 09, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,869
Default Glider exam prep software?

On Apr 23, 1:36*pm, wrote:
On Apr 23, 10:55*am, tienshanman tienshanman.

wrote:
I need some advice for finding good online material I can download/buy
to study/practice for the FAA Written Knowledge Test and for the Check
Ride Oral & Flight Tests. I am overseas and really canít get books sent
to me. Iíve scoured the web. Iíve looked at ďDauntless-soft.comĒ for
instance. If anyone has any good advice Iíd appreciate it. I need some
concise, effective software in a hurry! Iím coming back to the US
sooner than expected for an extended visit. While home in TX I will get
a bit more practical instruction to round out the instruction Iíve had
overseas and I hope to complete the tests. Thanks.


--
tienshanman


Two google searches got me these:

Practice Tests He *http://www.exams4pilots.org/
Practical Test Standards - Glider:http://flighttraining.aopa.org/libra...-s-8081-22.pdf
(might be out of date though)


Pilot PTS are in PDF here
http://www.faa.gov/training_testing/...andards/pilot/
  #5  
Old April 24th 09, 04:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 143
Default Glider exam prep software?

Tienshanman:

You've got good answers here, so I won't add any more to your request
for study guides. I've been meaning to write you for the past month
or so, though, but can't find your email address. Can you send it to
me? Thanks. Fred
  #6  
Old April 24th 09, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soarpilot
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 20
Default Glider exam prep software?

On Apr 23, 11:55*am, tienshanman tienshanman.
wrote:
I need some advice for finding good online material I can download/buy
to study/practice for the FAA Written Knowledge Test and for the Check
Ride Oral & Flight Tests. I am overseas and really canít get books sent
to me. Iíve scoured the web. Iíve looked at ďDauntless-soft.comĒ for
instance. If anyone has any good advice Iíd appreciate it. I need some
concise, effective software in a hurry! Iím coming back to the US
sooner than expected for an extended visit. While home in TX I will get
a bit more practical instruction to round out the instruction Iíve had
overseas and I hope to complete the tests. Thanks.

--
tienshanman


I used software that was absoultely wonderful. It allowed you to
master the many areas and to only spot check those you are working on
rather than the entire shooting match so to speak - so it preseents
and tests to filters you put in, and you can bias the questions. It
has the entire FAA bank of questions in it so it is thorough and the
graphics and FAR/AIM references are superb. Use this link:
http://www.dauntless-soft.com/PRODUC...FQJN5QodGyKmFQ



  #7  
Old April 24th 09, 10:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,869
Default Glider exam prep software?

On Apr 23, 1:57*pm, Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Apr 23, 1:36*pm, wrote:



On Apr 23, 10:55*am, tienshanman tienshanman.


wrote:
I need some advice for finding good online material I can download/buy
to study/practice for the FAA Written Knowledge Test and for the Check
Ride Oral & Flight Tests. I am overseas and really canít get books sent
to me. Iíve scoured the web. Iíve looked at ďDauntless-soft.comĒ for
instance. If anyone has any good advice Iíd appreciate it. I need some
concise, effective software in a hurry! Iím coming back to the US
sooner than expected for an extended visit. While home in TX I will get
a bit more practical instruction to round out the instruction Iíve had
overseas and I hope to complete the tests. Thanks.


--
tienshanman


Two google searches got me these:


Practice Tests He *http://www.exams4pilots.org/
Practical Test Standards - Glider:http://flighttraining.aopa.org/libra...-s-8081-22.pdf
(might be out of date though)


Pilot PTS are in PDF herehttp://www.faa.gov/training_testing/testing/airmen/test_standards/pilot/


This is not specifically what you've requested, but a good resource.

http://soaringsafety.org/dl/bbstudyguide.html

Frank Whiteley
  #8  
Old April 26th 09, 04:53 AM
tienshanman tienshanman is offline
Member
 
First recorded activity by AviationBanter: Jan 2009
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarpilot View Post
On Apr 23, 11:55*am, tienshanman tienshanman.
wrote:
I need some advice for finding good online material I can download/buy
to study/practice for the FAA Written Knowledge Test and for the Check
Ride Oral & Flight Tests. I am overseas and really canít get books sent
to me. Iíve scoured the web. Iíve looked at ďDauntless-soft.comĒ for
instance. If anyone has any good advice Iíd appreciate it. I need some
concise, effective software in a hurry! Iím coming back to the US
sooner than expected for an extended visit. While home in TX I will get
a bit more practical instruction to round out the instruction Iíve had
overseas and I hope to complete the tests. Thanks.

--
tienshanman


I used software that was absoultely wonderful. It allowed you to
master the many areas and to only spot check those you are working on
rather than the entire shooting match so to speak - so it preseents
and tests to filters you put in, and you can bias the questions. It
has the entire FAA bank of questions in it so it is thorough and the
graphics and FAR/AIM references are superb. Use this link:
http://www.dauntless-soft.com/PRODUC...FQJN5QodGyKmFQ
Thanks a lot; I downloaded this and it seems like it will do the trick.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Glider flight software on non PDA devices- soon. brianDG303 Soaring 23 November 19th 08 01:30 AM
FAA Exam Prep, Dulles, Virginia, March 15 RichardFreytag Soaring 1 March 3rd 08 07:44 PM
Private Pilot Exam Prep Course Captkev Piloting 10 July 9th 07 04:48 PM
Oral Exam Prep -- recommendations and recollections Nicholas Kliewer Instrument Flight Rules 0 November 15th 04 06:00 PM
ATP test prep software Mike Rapoport Piloting 10 October 20th 03 03:25 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2018 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.