EAA Airventure 2005 Starts on a Monday

Old September 17th 04, 03:58 AM
Fitzair4

Default EAA Airventure 2005 Starts on a Monday

EAA AIRVENTURE OSHKOSH 2005 - COMING SOONER THAN YOU THINK
Beginning in 2005, (July 25-31) Monday-through-Sunday format

How many on this aviation group like starting Monday better?

http://eaa.org/communications/eaanews/pr/040916_av.html

Old September 17th 04, 06:07 PM
Roger Halstead

On 17 Sep 2004 02:58:05 GMT, (Fitzair4) wrote:

EAA AIRVENTURE OSHKOSH 2005 - COMING SOONER THAN YOU THINK
Beginning in 2005, (July 25-31) Monday-through-Sunday format

How many on this aviation group like starting Monday better?

http://eaa.org/communications/eaanews/pr/040916_av.html

I'd think that would mean some really heavy traffic out of there
Sunday night.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old September 17th 04, 08:19 PM
Cy Galley

Really doesn't matter when we start. There are always those that flyin or
drive in early to get the good spots and avoid the rush. We always have a
plane or three that need repair 3 days before the convention starts. There
are those that drive in and set up their camp when the camp grounds open on
July 1st.
--
Cy Galley - Chair, Emergency Aircraft Repair
Safety Programs Editor - TC

Old September 17th 04, 11:57 PM
Morgans

"Roger Halstead" wrote

I'd think that would mean some really heavy traffic out of there
Sunday night.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

I doubt it will be much different. Seems like the big thing is, that even
MORE will be gone before the weekend starts. I think it is a shame.
--
Jim in NC

---

Old September 18th 04, 12:46 AM
Morgans

"Morgans" wrote

I doubt it will be much different. Seems like the big thing is, that even
MORE will be gone before the weekend starts. I think it is a shame.
--
Jim in NC

To clarify: I think it is a shame that so many leave so early.
--
Jim in NC

---

Old September 18th 04, 04:52 AM
Roger Halstead

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 19:19:11 GMT, "Cy Galley"
wrote:

Really doesn't matter when we start. There are always those that flyin or
drive in early to get the good spots and avoid the rush. We always have a
plane or three that need repair 3 days before the convention starts. There
are those that drive in and set up their camp when the camp grounds open on
July 1st.

I don't think there were more than a dozen planes on the field (for
the fly-in) the last time I flew over. Course I arrived over a week
early as one of the chairmen (computers in homebuilts) and worked.
After the first year I always arrived well before the ripon arrival
was active and that year I was IFR to a straight in on 27.

Old September 18th 04, 05:33 AM
Morgans

"Roger Halstead" wrote

.. Course I arrived over a week
early as one of the chairmen (computers in homebuilts) and worked.

Dang, have you kept that information a secret, (computers in homebuilts) or
did I just miss it. I could have dropped in and met yet another one of
RAH's finest!
--
Jim in NC

---

Old September 18th 04, 12:10 PM
Scott

I love it! It's getting closer to MY utopia. I've always maintained
that it really should run Sunday through Saturday so that most people
would only have to take a week of vacation to see the ENTIRE show.
Plus, it would give drivers a chance to leave from either coast on
Friday after work and drive for maybe 6 hours without busting their
a$$e$. That puts you about 400 miles closer to Oshkosh already. Drive
all day Saturday and you could be into Oshkosh late Saturday. Might
have to take the following Monday as a "sick day" if you left on Sunday
morning for the return. So, in closing, I'm all for it!!

Scott
Bloomer, WI (one of the lucky ones who doesn't have to drive for 2 days
to get there!)

Fitzair4 wrote:

EAA AIRVENTURE OSHKOSH 2005 - COMING SOONER THAN YOU THINK
Beginning in 2005, (July 25-31) Monday-through-Sunday format

How many on this aviation group like starting Monday better?

http://eaa.org/communications/eaanews/pr/040916_av.html

--
Scott
http://corbenflyer.tripod.com/
Building RV-4
Gotta Fly or Gonna Die
Old September 20th 04, 11:25 PM
Ron Natalie

"Morgans" wrote in message ...

I doubt it will be much different. Seems like the big thing is, that even
MORE will be gone before the weekend starts. I think it is a shame.
--

First time I went there, it started on Friday.

Old September 21st 04, 03:04 AM
Cy Galley

First time for me, I believe is started on a Friday and ended on the
following Saturday with a airshow for the town on the Sunday after the
close. But then 1971 was a long time ago.
"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
m...