Will it fit in a 172?

Old May 2nd 05, 05:31 PM
John Galban

William W. Plummer wrote:
john smith wrote:

You have never seen what some of the folks from Alaska have

strapped to
airplanes, have you?

Something like a moose?

Never saw a moose, but on a couple of occasions I saw a canoe
strapped to the bottom of a C-180/185. I suppose if you had the useful
load, you could cut up the moose and put the parts inside the canoe
before strapping it on :-)

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old May 2nd 05, 05:46 PM
Peter R.

H.P wrote:

Then his CG moves forward and he's nose-heavy and outside the limits
envelope.

Doubtful. What does a seat weigh? 15 lbs? One time I carried a 280
lb man in the front passenger seat of a C172SP. Despite having almost
a total of 500 lbs in the front seat station, the aircraft was still
within the envelope (less than full fuel, of course).

--
Peter

Old May 2nd 05, 05:50 PM
Peter R.

Slick wrote:

If I took the tires off of a 10-speed bicycle would it fit into the

beck
seat of a 172?

If you cannot get your current bike into the aircraft, you might want
to consider looking at a Dahon folding bicycle. I just picked up one
off eBay two weeks ago with the intention of loading it into my Bonanza
so that I can ride while away from home.

These bikes are spec'ed out pretty nicely for the price and built well.
The only downside is that they are so popular now, getting your hands
on a current year model is difficult at this point in the season.
That's why I chose last year's model on eBay.

http://www.dahon.com/folding-bicycles-us-models.htm

--
Peter

Old May 3rd 05, 04:12 AM
George Patterson

Scott Migaldi wrote:

What was it P.T. Barnum said????

"This way to the egress."

George Patterson
There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures. Right next to the
mashed potatoes.