AVSIM News Update

Old August 14th 04, 05:20 AM
Eric Lunston

Default AVSIM News Update

Tom Allensworth wrote:
If you have not been to AVSIM lately, we are pleased to announce a couple
of
new features that we think may be of interest to you.

EMAIL LIST SERVER:

A couple of weeks ago we brought online the AVSIM List Server System. Years
ago AVSIM ran a list server. We shut it down because it was both buggy and
difficult to administrate. We are happy to announce that we have brought a
new system online that is both powerful and easy to use for both you and the
administrators. What is a List Server? Simple! It is a powerful email system
that allows users to subscribe to and receive email from other members on
any topic. As an example, if you wished to receive daily updates via email
containing the previous 24 hours of uploads to the AVSIM Library, you can.
We have set up a number of topics already and are looking to add more. Run a
virtual airline? Want to get your news and recruiting information out to
those interested in VA's? Now you can. Just subscribe to the two groups on
the list server and you are ready to go! Are you an online flying
organization wishing to maintain contact with your members? We can set up a
list server just for your organization. In fact, whatever your interests, if
you would like to have a list server working for you, contact us and we can
discuss your needs (AVSIM List Servers are free of course).

Current Lists:

Commercial News: News direct from Commercial Vendors on releases, patches,
updates and the like
Shareware News: Shareware authors post their latest announcements and
releases
Freeware News: Ditto for Freeware authors - get the latest Freeware news
here
Events Flight: Simulation Events Calendar
Fs_world: News and announcements from Flight Sim Web Sites
Humour Aviation: Humour, funny stories, jokes and similar.
Library-files: Want to receive daily file listings from the AVSIM Library?
Sign up here!
List_help: Get help in using the AVSIM List Server System
My_list: Would you like a List in the AVSIM List Server System?
Railroad: Railroad simming list - Everything to do with the Rail Sims.
Softwa Non Flight Sim Software list.
Va_announcements: Virtual Airlines Announcements and News List
Va_recruit: Virtual Airlines Recruitment List - Looking to hire staff? Post
position openings here.

You can access the List Server and subscribe to the available lists he

AVSIM SIMULATION DATABASE:

Within the last 72 hours we have brought online a new and exceedingly
powerful Resource Database. Much more than a "links" system, the Database
allows you to search on key words of interest to you, as well as rate and
view popular sites and simming resources. We have been working hard to
populate it with useful information, and encourage you to input your
favorite website and/or resource of interest to the simulation community.
You can access the database he

http://www.avsim.com/dcd

2004 CONVENTION:

We are rapidly approaching Convention time! In just over a month, the 2004
AVSIM Convention and Exhibition will kick off in Denver, Colorado. Hundreds
of sim enthusiasts are signed up and will be attending the largest flight
simulation event in the U.S. this year. 200 hours of full motion sim time
have been reserved at the UAL Training Center, our Key Note speaker is
brushing off his speech, and dozens of exhibitors will be in attendance
including Microsoft, Project Magenta, Bugeye Technologies, Captain Sim,
Precision Flight Controls, Phoenix Simulations, CH Products, PC Aviator,
GoFlight, Flight1, Aerosoft, and Justflight to mention a few. In addition,
one of the best line-ups of Papers we have ever seen will be presented
during the two days of the event. Papers from UAL Engineers, and experts in
our hobby will be given.

If you have not yet registered for the Convention and Exhibition, time is
growing short! Hotel discount ends on August 25th! Register now! We
encourage you to attend your hobby's biggest event! You
can register he

http://www.avsim.com/pages/2004conf/

LIBRARY NEWS:

We are happy to report that the current registered users of the AVSIM File
Library number over 131,000 members as of today. Authors and contributors to
the community are adding on average some 40 to 50 files a day. The current
library inventory includes over 52,000 files and is growing by leaps and
bounds. We are also working to bring online the File Library Mirror system,
which will allow sites around the world to link to the contents of the AVSIM
File Library, if the authors of those files allow it. If you haven't been to
the library recently, get there today and check out the daily uploads for
your simming pleasure.

Hey Tom, up yours!!!! You are not welcome here. The commercial
developers own you, go kiss their butts back on your forum you maggot.
You are bought and sold, get out of the newgroups.

Old August 14th 04, 05:24 AM
Eric Lunston

AVSIM SUCKS!!!

AVSIM IS NOTHING MORE THAN A MOUTHPIECE FOR DEVELOPERS. IF YOU
ADVERTISE ON AVSIM THEY WILL PROMOTE YOUR PRODUCT NO MATTER WHAT AND
OPPRESS ANY NEGATIVE FACTUAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR COMPANY.

YOU SUCK TOM ALLENSWORTH. GET OUT OF THE NEWGROUPS, GO KISS THE BUTTS
OF YOUR ADVERTISERS.

Old August 14th 04, 06:15 AM
Bill Leaming

Eric Lunston wrote:

You are bought and sold, get out of the newgroups.

No, Eric. You are incorrect.

It's YOU and YOUR attitude, bad manners, foul mouth that is not wanted.

Just who the HELL do you think you are, to presume to speak for me or
anyone else in any of these groups?

Bill

Old August 14th 04, 07:13 AM
Oscar

There are 1000's of useful downloads, all free and download speed are the
best of all the fsim download sites. Plenty of informative articles on
flightsim as well -- it all cost you not a cent and you are complaining? Who
cares if they also promote commercial product, where else would they get the
funds from to provide free downloads, I ask you?

These posts of yours are one of the most foolish I saw for a while in this
group.

Old August 14th 04, 09:23 AM
rob

"Bill Leaming" wrote in message
Eric Lunston wrote:

You are bought and sold, get out of the newgroups.

No, Eric. You are incorrect.

It's YOU and YOUR attitude, bad manners, foul mouth that is not wanted.

Just who the HELL do you think you are, to presume to speak for me or
anyone else in any of these groups?

Bill

I second that Bill

And a public thanks to AVSIM for a great site.

Old August 14th 04, 01:19 PM
Eric Lunston

TOM ALLENSWORTH IS A CROOK

Old August 14th 04, 01:27 PM
Tom Allensworth

Bill,

And now the entire world knows why Eric was banned from AVSIM. Thank you
Eric for validating our decision.

--
Best Regards,

Tom Allensworth
www.avsim.com
Join Us In Denver for the 2004 Conference and Exhibition!

Old August 14th 04, 01:45 PM
Fermin Fernandez

AVSIM IS NOTHING MORE THAN A MOUTHPIECE FOR DEVELOPERS. IF YOU
ADVERTISE ON AVSIM THEY WILL PROMOTE YOUR PRODUCT NO MATTER WHAT AND

I followed that discussion at AVSIM (and your post re FS Mud), if you
are referring to the news items on the front page, they are not
advertisements, anyone whith some FS news of interest to the community
can have it posted there, both freeware and payware, that's not an
advert.

OPPRESS ANY NEGATIVE FACTUAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR COMPANY.

There was no attempt to supress any "negative factual" information,
there was plenty of negative and positive (albeit heated) exchanges.
As for factual, well that's very debatable, the folks that initiated
that post used some pretty strong language and did so without even
trying the product which is unfair and no doubt contributed to the
backlash.

YOU SUCK TOM ALLENSWORTH. GET OUT OF THE NEWGROUPS, GO KISS THE BUTTS
OF YOUR ADVERTISERS.

I think you need to come back to this post in a few weeks after you
have calmed down and re-read what you have just typed (in capitals
which as you know is shouting) and I think you will be a little
ashamed of yourself.
Old August 14th 04, 04:42 PM
Harry

"Eric Lunston" wrote in message
newsrnTc.4297$wu.3187@okepread04...
TOM ALLENSWORTH IS A CROOK

Well, where I was raised, it takes a CROOK to know a CROOK.

I do not see Tom using foul language and shouting at people as someone of
your ill-mannered calibre does.

Tom, Thanks to you, AVSIM and Bill Leaming and the others on this newsgroup
that have some sense and manners.

Old August 14th 04, 04:47 PM
Trip Lane

And those of us who questioned the decision to ban him without knowing
all the facts now have egg on our faces :-) . Looks like it was
well-deserved move by AVSIM.

Trip