X-Plane any good ?

Old June 11th 04, 02:16 AM
Rotwang

Default X-Plane any good ?

I've just red about X-Plane, but I wanted more feedback on it.

I'm also looking for a simulator that allows you to fly a WWII JU88.

Old June 12th 04, 01:26 AM
Diskhead

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 01:16:07 GMT, "Rotwang"
wrote:

I've just red about X-Plane, but I wanted more feedback on it.

I have the 5.66 version so can't really comment on the latest version.
I like FS2002 myself.

I'm also looking for a simulator that allows you to fly a WWII JU88.

IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles Gold.

Old June 12th 04, 08:13 PM
Gldcomp

Why something so specific ? care to comment ?

Old June 12th 04, 10:51 PM
Joe

http://fighterace.jaleco.com/

Over 100 ww2 planes to fly

Old June 13th 04, 12:51 AM
Rotwang

"Gldcomp" schreef in bericht
om...
Why something so specific ? care to comment ?

I've always thought it was an interesting aircraft, nothing more to it.

Old June 13th 04, 02:52 PM
Johan Kütt

I'm also considering buying x-plane and was wondering how much scenery and
airports does it have? Only America or Europe and other parts of world also?
How much add-ons are there (both scenery and planes)?

Is there something like ServInfo for Mac also?

johan

Old June 13th 04, 03:05 PM
CT

Hi,

Johan Kütt wrote:
I'm also considering buying x-plane and was wondering how much scenery and
airports does it have? Only America or Europe and other parts of world also?
How much add-ons are there (both scenery and planes)?

I do not (yet ?) have X-plane but as for your questions, you may consider these links :

http://www.x-plane.com/hacking.html
http://www.x-plane.com/xworld.html

I think they will help you in your quest ...
Old June 13th 04, 03:26 PM
Quilljar

"Johan Kütt" wrote in message
I'm also considering buying x-plane and was wondering how much scenery and
airports does it have? Only America or Europe and other parts of world

also?
How much add-ons are there (both scenery and planes)?

X-plane is very good and a great sim experience. It has excellent aircraft
characteristics and a huge fan base adding scenery and aircraft. It is
developing photoreal scenery and autogen very like MSFS. It is a well worth
the money. However, it is a very different experience from Microsoft's sim
and you may prefer it or not. In many ways it is hard to compare. You should
go to the many X-Plane websites and take a good look at the screenshots and
the forums to get a better idea.

Old June 13th 04, 11:26 PM
Robert Morrisette

Alpha Simulations has a JU88

om...

Old June 14th 04, 09:27 AM
Thorbjörn Schönbeck

"Rotwang" wrote:

I've just red about X-Plane, but I wanted more feedback on it.

Just go to www.x-plane.com and download the latest version (7.41). It is
a full version, however, you can only fly in San Bernardino and after 6
minutes your stick won't work anymore.

This will definitely help you to find out if you like it :-)

Personally I love X-Plane, mainly because it is the only flightsim that
runs reasonably on Mac and it is also possible to join VATSIM and fly
online just as with the MSFS.

There are lots of freeware addons and scenery, however, this is the weak
spot of XPlane and if you looking for nice scenery and lots of airports,
than XPlane is definitely the wrong choice. Here are the things which
amazes me most:

the flight model is extremely realistic - try to land a Cessna 172 with
crosswind and you'll see what I mean :-)

you can alter any aircraft and design even new ones without great effort

Weather and sky are beautiful - but for the awesome 3d-clouds you'll
need a strong PC or Mac

and so many other things..

HTH,

Thor

--
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. (R. Feynman)