Forgot to close flight plan

Old April 3rd 04, 04:44 AM
Nathan D. Olmscheid

Not True.

-Nathan

Orval Fairbairn wrote in
news et:

It is illegal to use cell phones in flight (unless in an emergency).
It has to do with the phone at altitude activating multiple cellphone
receivers at once.

Old April 3rd 04, 05:07 AM
BTIZ

hey dfdff.. is that how you spell your name...

BT

"dfdffsdf" wrote in message

First of all, it is spelled hangAr.

Old April 3rd 04, 05:09 AM
BTIZ

he did not say to use the cell phone in flight, he said digging for his keys
he'll see the note with the reminder to use his cell to CANCEL his flight
plan, one can ASSUME that this means if he needs car keys he is on the
ground

and old analog cell phones had that problem...
come on up to the digital age.. no problem with multiple cell towers..

BT

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
news
In article mPobc.63787$JO3.38726@attbi_s04,
Newps wrote:

dfdffsdf wrote:

First of all, it is spelled hangAr.

Second of all, simply put your car keys (and cell phone) in a Ziploc

bag
with a 3x5 card inside saying "close your flight plan". The first

thing
a person does usually when done putting away the plane is drive home
and/or call family.

Does this mean I have to take the plane key off my car key ring? No way
the phone goes in the bag, it gets plugged into the intercom so I can
use it during the flight.

Old April 3rd 04, 05:10 AM
BTIZ

tie string on finger..

now what was that string for?

BT

"Cub Driver" wrote in message

i now have
a piece of paper with "Close Flightplan" written on it that i stick
onto my steering wheel

Change wris****ch from left hand to right

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: -- put Cubdriver in subject line!

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com

Old April 3rd 04, 05:11 AM
BTIZ

if you are IFR and complete an IFR approach to a "towered" filed, when the
tower is open, the TOWER automatically cancels your IFR when you taxi clear
of the runway

BT

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
ink.net...

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

I don't know why Mr. Tomblin thought that, but my 'friend' simply

forgot.

Mr. Tomblin said he files IFR because somebody else closes the flight plan
that way, it was you that wrote; "Hah! You would think so, ..."

Old April 3rd 04, 05:12 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"BTIZ" wrote in message

he did not say to use the cell phone in flight, he said digging for his

keys
he'll see the note with the reminder to use his cell to CANCEL his flight
plan, one can ASSUME that this means if he needs car keys he is on the
ground

He said; "No way the phone goes in the bag, it gets plugged into the
intercom so I can use it during the flight."

Old April 3rd 04, 05:28 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"BTIZ" wrote in message

if you are IFR and complete an IFR approach to a "towered" filed,
when the tower is open, the TOWER automatically cancels your
IFR when you taxi clear of the runway

If you are IFR and complete an IFR approach to a "towered" filed, when the
tower is open, the tower does nothing with regard to your IFR when you taxi
clear of the runway.

Mr. Tomblin said he files IFR because somebody else closes the flight plan
that way. Most fields do not have control towers.

Old April 3rd 04, 05:35 AM
Don Tuite

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 03:40:42 GMT, Orval Fairbairn
wrote:

It is illegal to use cell phones in flight (unless in an emergency). It
has to do with the phone at altitude activating multiple cellphone
receivers at once.

Brother Natalie has posted numerous times that the FCC only cares
about the AMPS service. For the FAA and digital services, it's up to
the PIC to determine whether the phone interferes with the aircraft's
nav equipment.

cf:
http://www.google.com/groups?selm=3C...&output=gplain

Don

Old April 3rd 04, 02:29 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Steven P. McNicoll" said:
Mr. Tomblin said he files IFR because somebody else closes the flight plan
that way. Most fields do not have control towers.

The ones I fly IFR to almost all do. And when I'm flying into
podunk-ville, so far the approach controller giving me a phone number is
sufficient memory prod that I haven't failed to call on my cell phone
while taxing to the tie downs.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Nazis are part of *every* government, everywhere, in all of human
Old April 3rd 04, 03:27 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message

The ones I fly IFR to almost all do. And when I'm flying into
podunk-ville, so far the approach controller giving me a phone number is
sufficient memory prod that I haven't failed to call on my cell phone
while taxing to the tie downs.

In other words, your statement is not correct in all cases, which makes it
an incorrect statement.