Talk me out of this...

Old February 11th 04, 04:27 AM
Paul Folbrecht

Jim, I emailed you yesterday morning- did you get it?

Jim wrote:

If you're interested in 150's, send me an email. I've got a two pretty good
leads here in Central Wis.

Old February 11th 04, 08:02 AM
Chris Hoffmann

"Paul Folbrecht" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I have actually been thinking about that whole experience quite a bit.
I always thought briefers would be erring on the side of caution but not
this time- sometimes the weather just does not do what's expected. Of
course all those low cigs and haze were completely unforecast for the
whole day. It was supposed to be clear below 12,000' as of midnight
Saturday. But the wind was as forecast.

You know, before today it never even occured to me to check the outlook the
night before or whatever. I've always just gotten the current wx an hour
before the flight and maybe made a cursory check of the forecast for later
in the day. But after seeing how much I missed between the time I planned
the flight to when my instructor and I sat down together to look at the
weather more closely, it made a big impression on me to not rely on just a
snapshot, but to get a bigger picture of the weather unfolding.

That said, as you put it, those conditions that day weren't really forecast
beforehand. The briefers were probably just as surprised as everyone else.
Kinda par for the course in Wisconsin, though. If you want the weather to
change, just wait a few minutes....

Old February 11th 04, 12:39 PM
Abafon Goula

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 02:49:31 GMT, Paul Folbrecht
wrote:

The 2-seat vs. 4-seat question is one of the most important for me right
now. And I am heavily leaning (still) towards the former. 4 seats
would be very nice, indeed, when I want them, but I need to be pragmatic
here. I don't need them and won't use them most of the time.

Thanks for the comments.

~Paul

Nobody does.

Old February 11th 04, 02:21 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

Paul Folbrecht wrote:

... and the exterior does look really good.

My personal nickname for my old 150 was "The Whore", because it was

painted up
real pretty but had been heavily used.

One of those where "You don't want to put your key in THAT ignition"?

Old February 11th 04, 10:20 PM
Javier Henderson

Paul Folbrecht writes:

I bet most here were well aware of that, but I think I just learned
something important. Why the hell isn't that pointed out in the PPL
study materials? The implication from what I'd read is definitely
that you can only PERFORM "basic maintenance" as a PP.

Probably because most instructors aren't airplane owners.

I know that there are frequent contributors here who are airplane
owners and CFI's, so I'm sure I'll hear about it, but I'm talking
in general, run of the mill FBO's, your average rental outfit, and
so on.

-jav