What the hell?

Old November 21st 05, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default What the hell?

This is terrible and I hope they catch who did it but the question has to be
asked, "Why in the hell would anyone leave their plane outside his hangar
one night with a can of lacquer thinner on the ground beside it?"

Sounds a little strange to me.

RECORD-ATTEMPT AIRCRAFT SABOTAGED?
A Maryland pilot who hopes to circumnavigate the globe via the two
poles says someone apparently poured lacquer thinner into his
aircraft's fuel tanks. "This is a hard thing to wrap my mind around,"
Gus McLeod told the Baltimore Sun. "I can't believe I would be so
important that someone would want to hurt me." McLeod told the Sun he
left his Firefly, a modified Velocity, outside his hangar one night
with a can of laquer thinner on the ground beside it. He found the
empty can the next day but apparently didn't suspect the new
whereabouts of its contents. On a shakedown flight on Oct. 16, he
experienced engine problems and upon landing found yellow goo in the
fuel lines. Later tests confirmed the presence of laquer thinner in
the fuel and inspection of the fiberglass fuel tank revealed they'd
been partially dissolved, resulting in fuel-line blockage.
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#191021

Thermals in hell 01-- Zero One Soaring 5 May 26th 05 02:11 PM
Planes are EVIL, the DEVIL created them in HELL ! ! ! Karl-Hugo Weesberg Naval Aviation 9 October 25th 04 07:44 PM
Damn it all to hell! OXMORON1 Military Aviation 1 August 25th 04 05:35 PM
MARKET GARDEN ALL OVER AGAIN? WHAT THE HELL? ArtKramr Military Aviation 8 February 8th 04 09:37 AM
Soaring Hell - Arizona Michael Stringfellow Soaring 6 January 20th 04 03:57 PM