Cherokees in close formation

Old August 31st 05, 10:15 PM
Dale

In article ,
Frank Stutzman wrote:

Jay Honeck wrote:

Not REAL close formation, but here are a few pix from a couple of weeks
ago, where we flew together with a friend's Cherokee 180:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/flying_with_doug.htm

I see that and raise you:

http://www.stutzman.com/frank/flying/B2Osh/index2.htm

Call

http://home.gci.net/~sncdfalk/bombpics/b24six.jpg

--
Dale L. Falk

There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing
as simply messing around with airplanes.

http://home.gci.net/~sncdfalk/flying.html
Old August 31st 05, 11:11 PM
Frank Stutzman

Dale wrote:
I see that and raise you:

http://www.stutzman.com/frank/flying/B2Osh/index2.htm

Call
http://home.gci.net/~sncdfalk/bombpics/b24six.jpg

Hey, Dale, didn't you catch that this was just a penny ante game ;-)

I think the Collins Foundation pilots are a touch more experianced with
formation flight than your average GA pilot. If you are going to toss
your pictures into the game I'm going to go dig up my Blue
Angels/Thunderbirds pictures :-)

Hmmm, this is probably where a wingman from Seattles Black Jack Squadron
(RV formation team) is going to post a picture of leads altimeter setting.

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"

Old September 1st 05, 12:50 AM
vincent p. norris

(The main advantage of this megapixel camera is that it is really SMALL --
and therefore really fits in your pocket, and therefore is always handy. As a
result, I actually *use* it -- a lot -- as opposed to my old Nikon 35 mm SLR.)

My kids gave me a Sony Cybershsot DSC-U10 for Christmas two years ago.
It's only 3.25 x 1.5 x 1". Only 1.3 mps and no zoom, but like you, I
hardly ever use my 35 mm. any longer.

Here's a pic of flying with Jack Allison to OSH this year:

Nice shot. Looks like Iowa or Wisconsin down there.

Without formation training, I wouldn't want to get too much closer to anyone
in flight.

Extremely sensible! Without training, it's just asking for trouble.
And you're not even wearing chutes!

vince norris
Old September 1st 05, 03:11 AM
Dale

In article ,
Frank Stutzman wrote:

I think the Collins Foundation pilots are a touch more experianced with
formation flight than your average GA pilot. If you are going to toss
your pictures into the game I'm going to go dig up my Blue
Angels/Thunderbirds pictures :-)

Not really. When I was flying for them one was a former F-14 pilot,
another was a FAST instructor, I was a Cessna 206 jump pilot that
stepped up to 4-engine bombers, and a bunch of active/retired airline
pilots. What experience they/we had mostly came from just doing it. G