Sandel 3308

Old December 2nd 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
dave

Default Sandel 3308

I asked about a problem I was having running the garmin 480 simulator
last week. Since then my choices have narrowed down to a Bonanza with a
Sandel 3308 and a Garmin 430. I'd prefer the 480 but for other reasons
this airplane is a better choice. I've been trying to buy a plane
already equipped the way I'd like it and this one is as close as I'll
probably get. The prebuy should be complete today or tomorrow.
Anyway, this plane has the Sandel 3308. I've flown a little with a
regular HSI but never with an EFIS (not much use for one in my old
citabria). This particular model has been discontinued by Sandel but I
understand that it's a good unit. Its interfaced with the 430, kx155
and an S-tec 50 autopilot. I've been reviewing the instruction manual
for it and its got some great features. I understand that the bulb
needs to replaced annually or after a couple hundred hours. Other than
that, I'm not aware of any problems with these units. Any positive or
negative experiences with them? BTW, the simulator for the 430 runs
fine.
Thanks
Dave
Old December 3rd 06, 01:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Michelle P

dave wrote:
[...]

The person in the right seat will not be able to see it. The viewing
angel is narrow.
I have one installed in my plane and it makes flying instrument
approaches very nice.
Michelle P
Old December 3rd 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
karl gruber[_1_]

After the 1500$ WAAS upgrade, the 430 will do everything the 480 does with
the exception of not having an airways database, and infrared updating.
Garmin has, to my knowledge, ever implemented the infrared.

The airways database IS a major reason, though, to like the 480.

Best,
Karl
"Curator" N185KG

. ..

Old December 4th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
TMG

Ask around on the COPA website (www.cirruspilots.org). A lot of the older
Cirrus are equipped with this EFIS.

TMG