$98 per barrel oil

Old November 7th 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default $98 per barrel oil

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Jay Honeck writes:

Well, boys and girls, here it comes. $4/gallon gas in America. This
will translate into $7/gallon avgas soon enough.

You'll survive. People in other countries have been paying similar
prices for years.

But not you since you can't drive and you can't fly.

Bertie
Old November 7th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andy Hawkins

Hi,

In article ,
Bertie the wrote:
No it isn't. I was there the other day and the most expensive I saw was
about Euro 1.35/litre. Brits seem to have it the worst in Europe, but then
again it gives them somethig to blame their "guv'mint" for so it's
actually keeping them happy in the end.

We're currently paying about £0.94 a litre I think. According to XE.com
that's $1.98 or Euro 1.34

As you say, something like 75% of that goes straight to HMG in tax.

And I resemble the implication that we like to complain

Andy
Old November 7th 07, 06:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Andy Hawkins wrote in
:

Hi,

In article ,
Bertie the wrote:
No it isn't. I was there the other day and the most expensive I saw
was about Euro 1.35/litre. Brits seem to have it the worst in Europe,
but then again it gives them somethig to blame their "guv'mint" for
so it's actually keeping them happy in the end.

We're currently paying about £0.94 a litre I think. According to
XE.com that's $1.98 or Euro 1.34

As you say, something like 75% of that goes straight to HMG in tax.

No, I didn't say that,. I said it gives you guys yet another excuse to
whine about how your govmint is abusing you.

And I resemble the implication that we like to complain

I know. I particularly love your national anthem.

"We wuz robbed we wuz robbed we wuz robbed"

Bertie
Old November 7th 07, 06:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Bertie the Bunyip wrote in news:Xns99E1B1773EDF3****upropeeh@
207.14.116.130:

Andy Hawkins wrote in
:

Hi,

In article ,
Bertie the wrote:
No it isn't. I was there the other day and the most expensive I saw
was about Euro 1.35/litre. Brits seem to have it the worst in

Europe,
but then again it gives them somethig to blame their "guv'mint" for
so it's actually keeping them happy in the end.

We're currently paying about £0.94 a litre I think. According to
XE.com that's $1.98 or Euro 1.34

As you say, something like 75% of that goes straight to HMG in tax.

No, I didn't say that,. I said it gives you guys yet another excuse to
whine about how your govmint is abusing you.

And I resemble the implication that we like to complain

I know. I particularly love your national anthem.

"We wuz robbed we wuz robbed we wuz robbed"

Having aid that, credit where it's due. I didn't hear one single whine
about the Rugby!

I was absolutely flabbergasted I have to tell you.

Bertie
Old November 7th 07, 08:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Viperdoc writes:

Anthony, how much do you per for a gallon of avgas?

I don't buy avgas myself (or any other type of fossil fuel).
Old November 7th 07, 08:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
news
Viperdoc writes:

Anthony, how much do you per for a gallon of avgas?

I don't buy avgas myself (or any other type of fossil fuel).

Yes, it;s pretty obvious what sort of fossil you commonly interact with.

Bertie
Old November 7th 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

$4/gallon for regular will probably mean $4.50 for hi-test and $5.50 for
avgas. Not a lot of difference, but still not $7

I use car gas in my plane. I filled it two weeks ago for $2.89 per
gallon. I flew to LaCrosse, WI that same day and paid $5 per gallon
for avgas.

I don't think $7/gallon avgas will be much of a stretch.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 7th 07, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Maybe with another million troops we could occupy both Iran and Iraq
and get a special deal.

Don't worry. In 12 months we'll have Hillary pulling us out (literally
and figuaratively) of the Middle East, and then our kids will be
forced to return to fight the Islamo-Fascist Iranians in another
decade or two -- only by then they'll have nukes.

Alas, Jimmy Carter had the chance to fix this problem way back in
1979...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 7th 07, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

The worst part is I dont see any end in sight.

Yeah, it's pretty funny when the Left cries that we're "In Iraq only
for the cheap oil!"

Damn, if this is the "cheap" oil, imagine how bad it would be if we
hadn't taken out Saddam?

Oh, well. High gas prices should really help Light Sport sales, with
those tiny little engines sipping 4 gph...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 7th 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

On Nov 8, 8:55 am, Jay Honeck wrote:
$4/gallon for regular will probably mean $4.50 for hi-test and $5.50 for
avgas. Not a lot of difference, but still not $7

I use car gas in my plane. I filled it two weeks ago for $2.89 per
gallon. I flew to LaCrosse, WI that same day and paid $5 per gallon
for avgas.

I don't think $7/gallon avgas will be much of a stretch.

Well we're already paying $1.64(NZ) a litre for super (road) so we
must be well over the $7 per gallon avgas