Anyone else crawling out of their skin...

Old July 21st 04, 01:28 AM
Steven Barnes

I'm not heading for Oshkosh, but if the weather's nice, I may try to
drop
by for the pool party.

Sounds great!

Why no OSH? It's the only place to be during the last week of July!

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

As someone else replied, no time or money. My wife is expecting the first
of October. Gotta save up my vacation time... ;-)

Keep a nice bubble of good weather over the area. I guess if the weather
goes bad I can just put on the foggles...

Old July 21st 04, 02:19 AM
john smith

Okay, it looks like it will be the "stretch"-182 this year, same as last
year.
Another club member has the airplane until Monday night, but in the
event he gets back early, I may arrive by Monday night, weather
permitting. If I leave Tuesday morning, I'll be there by noon.

Old July 21st 04, 05:16 AM
Jay Honeck

Hmmm, I guess I missed the thread as well. No worries, though.
I intend to arrive with '76J on Monday afternoon and leave Friday morning,
so I shall attempt to visit the rao group Wednesday. Perhaps I'll even

make
it this year!

Thou shalt attend!

Montblack is bringing food, etc., this year, so we don't get too inebriated
before supper, whilst Jim is bringing Da Grill. (I hope!)

I'm looking forward to having women dance on my plane again this year...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 21st 04, 05:22 AM
Jay Honeck

...in anticipation for Oshkosh?

No money or time.

George, George, GEORGE.

We've been attending Oshkosh for 22 straight years.

To put that in perspective, in 1982 I was 23 years old, a year out of
college, working as an entry level district manager in a small-town
newspaper, and still DATING Mary.

Since then, I've worked for four different newspapers, started three (and
closed two) businesses, gotten married, had two children, moved three times
(once to a different state), and made, lost, and made (and may lose) a
fortune.

In ALL that time, the ONLY constant in my life has been Oshkosh.

Oshkosh ain't heaven, but it's damned close. Don't miss it -- for anything.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 21st 04, 05:25 AM
Jay Honeck

As someone else replied, no time or money. My wife is expecting the
first
of October. Gotta save up my vacation time... ;-)

Hee hee! In 1990 I attended OSH without Mary -- cuz she was due to deliver
on or about the first of August!

I called her (from a pay phone -- no cell phone for me until later that
year!) every hour on the hour, to make sure she was okay. (She and I
delivered our son on August 10th.)

So don't worry -- just call her every so often!

:-)

Keep a nice bubble of good weather over the area. I guess if the weather
goes bad I can just put on the foggles...

It is guaranteed to be good. After all -- it's Oshkosh!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 21st 04, 10:38 AM
Dave S

Let me know what the food/shopping situation is for those of us campers
who dont fly our food in. I hear the options nearby (piggly wiggly and
walmart) are getting scarce.. No hurry on my account.. this is planning
for next year..

Maybe EAA or the FBO will bring a vendor in who can provide the
perishables and disposables within walking distance next year.

Dave

Jay Honeck wrote:

...in anticipation for Oshkosh?

I can't wait much longer, or I'll bust!

:-)

Old July 21st 04, 02:18 PM
john smith

Jay Honeck wrote:
snip
In ALL that time, the ONLY constant in my life has been Oshkosh.

OOOOHHH!! Don't let Mary hear you say that!

Old July 21st 04, 02:25 PM
john smith

Dave S wrote:
Let me know what the food/shopping situation is for those of us campers
who dont fly our food in. I hear the options nearby (piggly wiggly and
walmart) are getting scarce.. No hurry on my account.. this is planning
for next year..

Dave, there are other sources, just a couple blocks farther to walk.
The AirVenture page has a link with a list and YaHoo maps.
An Aldi and a Pick N Save are about a mile over by the highway.

Old July 21st 04, 07:02 PM
Margy Natalie

Dancing on wing can be done! We are leaving in a few minutes to attend (via
auto). The plane should be ready as soon as OSH is over :-(

Margy

Old July 21st 04, 07:46 PM
Jay Masino

Jay Honeck wrote:
I'm looking forward to having women dance on my plane again this year...

When Jay's paying to have the stiffener that's underneath his wingwalk
replaced (which is NOT a minor fix), he'll regret having 3 woman dancing
on the wingwalk at the same time.

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___