2008 Seniors Seminole USA # 711 reporting

Old March 8th 08, 08:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 2008 Seniors Seminole USA # 711 reporting

http://711reporting.blogspot.com/
Old March 9th 08, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Mar 8, 4:51�pm, wrote:
http://711reporting.blogspot.com/

First contest day. We flew, late launch, but a very good call by CD
John Good. I do think everyone got around a 1 hr and 30 minute TAT. In
a short while, more will be posted on the SSA website.
What I will say is everyone did grid and the sniffers did work hard
for awhile, then we got lift to almost 4,000 msl. Seems going father
south into the first turn worked best, as a early turn made you go
north, where some digging had you waste time. All in all its good to
be here as, didn't have time to take any pictures but will try
tomorrow.
Thermal tight, Soar high, Fly safe, # 711 reporting.
Old March 13th 08, 01:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Mar 9, 6:46Â*pm, wrote:
On Mar 8, 4:51�pm, wrote:

http://711reporting.blogspot.com/

First contest day. We flew, late launch, but a very good call by CD
John Good. I do think everyone got around a 1 hr and 30 minute TAT. In
a short while, more will be posted on the SSA website.
What I will say is everyone did grid Â*and the sniffers did work hard
for awhile, then we got lift to almost 4,000 msl. Seems going father
south into the first turn worked best, as a early turn made you go
north, where some digging had you waste time. All in all its good to
be here as, didn't have time to take any pictures but will try
tomorrow.
Thermal tight, Soar high, Fly safe, # 711 reporting.

Wednesday, March 12, rest day.
Old March 13th 08, 11:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rlovinggood

See photo's at:

http://ssa.org/sport/PhotoGalleryMai...contest&id=294

Check out all of them, but especially the "2 contest ID's..."

Nice shot from Leigh Zimmerman!

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA
Old March 13th 08, 07:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
chris

Tom,

Any feedback on the new rules for 2008 such as start anywhere, etc?

Chris
Old March 14th 08, 12:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Mar 13, 3:10�pm, chris wrote:
Tom,

Any feedback on the new rules for 2008 such as start anywhere, etc?

Chris

Yes, new start cylinder works great. Keeps the hugh gaggle, as from
the past, spread out. Some choose side exits, etc, as your time and
distance now starts where you exit the cylinder.
NO more rolling finishes. The folks at the seniors are now managing
their final glides to cross the finish cylinder at or above 500 agl.
Seems everybody is ok with it. No more high speed passes here, well,
they really weren't done in the past anyway. But no body is missing
them anyway. You just manage your final glide better and really now
don't waste energy as folks did in the past.

# 711