Narco com 11A help please

Old April 19th 04, 02:16 AM
WhiteKnuckles

Default Narco com 11A help please

Hi All,
I bought the above radio on Ebay for the ultralight that I am building.
Anyway, I'm hoping that I didn't do anything dumb in choosing this older
radio. I didn't receive any pin out information from the guy that sold it to
me, and I'm assuming that he just plugged a newer set into the existing
frame and may not know how the radio is plumbed. The radio has two 15 pin
single sided connectors. Can anyone help me with pin out info? I went to
Narco's site, but the com 11A wasn't listed.
Thanks,
Jim Burns

Old April 19th 04, 03:26 AM
TaxSrv

"WhiteKnuckles" wrote:
Can anyone help me with pin out info? I went to
Narco's site, but the com 11A wasn't listed.
Thanks,
Jim Burns

The COM 120 pinout from that site will work -- same pinout as the 11A.

Fred F.

Old April 19th 04, 01:11 PM
jls

"WhiteKnuckles" wrote in message
Hi All,
I bought the above radio on Ebay for the ultralight that I am building.
Anyway, I'm hoping that I didn't do anything dumb in choosing this older
radio. I didn't receive any pin out information from the guy that sold it

me, and I'm assuming that he just plugged a newer set into the existing
frame and may not know how the radio is plumbed. The radio has two 15 pin
single sided connectors. Can anyone help me with pin out info? I went to
Narco's site, but the com 11A wasn't listed.
Thanks,
Jim Burns

Funny you should ask about that radio because I have one I was about to
throw away. Being 320 channels, it is illegal to transmit on it, though
you can legally listen with it, so I understand from reading on a googled-up
avionics site.

The question I have is: Can you buy a legal 720-channel (or 760-channel)
Narco which will fit into the 11A's tray? How about it, some of you radio
guys?

Old April 19th 04, 04:26 PM
FUji

" jls" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

You would think that after seven years the 360 channel radios being illegal
myth would die. The rule required radios to have a better than
0.003-percent frequency tolerance, it said nothing about channels. If you
don't fly in to an area that uses the new spacing of the 720/760 channel
radios, there is no reason to force an upgrade.

The 11B conforms to the 0.003 tolerance, the 11A can be made to conform and
the 120 was a pin compatible 720 channel replacement.

I'll leave it up to Jim Weir to explain the odds of getting caught with an
out of spec radio. :-)

Old April 19th 04, 04:38 PM
Stealth Pilot

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 18:16:22 -0700, "WhiteKnuckles"
wrote:

Hi All,
I bought the above radio on Ebay for the ultralight that I am building.
Anyway, I'm hoping that I didn't do anything dumb in choosing this older
radio. I didn't receive any pin out information from the guy that sold it to
me, and I'm assuming that he just plugged a newer set into the existing
frame and may not know how the radio is plumbed. The radio has two 15 pin
single sided connectors. Can anyone help me with pin out info? I went to
Narco's site, but the com 11A wasn't listed.
Thanks,
Jim Burns

this is the pinouts for the old installation in my Tailwind.
btw the current installation is an Icom which must be the rolls royce
of panelmount radios.
anyway...
1 power ground
2 mic ground
3 phones
4 press to talk
5 speaker
6 speaker and phones ground
7 aux audio
8 low level audio
9 mic audio
10 dial lamps
11 intercom
12 switched something, may be Rt
13 +14v in
14 +14v in
15 not labelled.

heavens, never thought this would ever be useful.
Stealth Pilot
Australia
Old April 19th 04, 07:27 PM
Jim Weir

If I pay the postage and a few bucks for the trouble, would you throw it my
way? The chapter needs a good hangar radio.

Jim

" jls"

-
http://www.rst-engr.com