ClearVav vs. LXNav

Old March 9th 18, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Luke Szczepaniak

Default ClearVav vs. LXNav

"The ClearNav have done a better job than most at modernization"

This statement literally made me blow coffee out my nose.

I have flown with XCSoar, LXNav, LXNavigation and ClearNav systems, each has advantages and disadvantages. The CN system is "simple" to use and the vario coupled with the square display is superb, probably the best I have flown with so far. To call it modern however, is a far stretch. The user interface is straight out of a 1980's video game console as are the CGA graphics. ClearNav is essentially Glide Navigator II - Colour with updated tasking support.

Luke Szczepaniak

Old March 9th 18, 02:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy B.

This statement literally made me blow coffee out my nose.

Thanks for that image, Luke. You actually made me laugh out loud.
Roy
Old March 11th 18, 05:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

After suffering for many years with Microsoft, I am now a Mac person, but keep my ancient Vista PC running since glider companies seem to only offer PC software. I wish they would offer Mac versions. I do like LXNav hardware, but their user manual is appalling, since it tries to combine all their many products into one document, and is written by someone who thinks they can speak english, but actually can't.
Old March 11th 18, 06:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

On Saturday, March 10, 2018 at 9:31:37 PM UTC-8, wrote:
After suffering for many years with Microsoft, I am now a Mac person, but keep my ancient Vista PC running since glider companies seem to only offer PC software. I wish they would offer Mac versions. I do like LXNav hardware, but their user manual is appalling, since it tries to combine all their many products into one document, and is written by someone who thinks they can speak english, but actually can't.

You can always run VMWare or Parallels, for those rare moments when you need to run corrupt and adulterate your computer to run a Windoz program.
Old March 11th 18, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Saturday, March 10, 2018 at 9:31:37 PM UTC-8, wrote:
After suffering for many years with Microsoft, I am now a Mac person, but keep my ancient Vista PC running since glider companies seem to only offer PC software. I wish they would offer Mac versions. I do like LXNav hardware, but their user manual is appalling, since it tries to combine all their many products into one document, and is written by someone who thinks they can speak english, but actually can't.

Why don't you download the manual for your device. I have never seen a LXNav manual is for more than one device. For the LX9070 the manual is very good as it is for the S3, the ACL and remote stick.
Old March 12th 18, 03:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, March 11, 2018 at 7:58:54 AM UTC-7, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
On Saturday, March 10, 2018 at 9:31:37 PM UTC-8, wrote:
After suffering for many years with Microsoft, I am now a Mac person, but keep my ancient Vista PC running since glider companies seem to only offer PC software. I wish they would offer Mac versions. I do like LXNav hardware, but their user manual is appalling, since it tries to combine all their many products into one document, and is written by someone who thinks they can speak english, but actually can't.

Why don't you download the manual for your device. I have never seen a LXNav manual is for more than one device. For the LX9070 the manual is very good as it is for the S3, the ACL and remote stick.

Jonathan
can you send me the link to the LX8080 user manual (English) please? On the LXNav website, I can only see a single user manual that covers all the 80xx and 90xx models.
thanks