Gangbuster Conditions in Nephi Today!

Old April 1st 20, 02:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Daniel Sazhin[_2_]

Default Gangbuster Conditions in Nephi Today!

Hey Guys,

16,000ft, 8 knot thermals in Nephi today! Let's go fly... https://soaringeconomist.com/2020/04...oday-in-nephi/

All the best,
Daniel
Old April 1st 20, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Is’nt that how it goes lol. The best wx is always on a monday, in a neighboring state, when there is no tow pilot available or in the midst of an epidemic lol. But, if I had the gear, I would learn the sim stuff and join you fellows on line. You really can teach old dogs some new tricks. My worry however, is after flying those high performance birds on the sim, making 40 mile final glides, I would get spoiled and have to buy a real one lol. Sometimes its better to not know what your missing lol.

Dan
Old April 1st 20, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Daniel Sazhin[_2_]

On Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 9:58:30 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Is’nt that how it goes lol. The best wx is always on a monday, in a neighboring state, when there is no tow pilot available or in the midst of an epidemic lol. But, if I had the gear, I would learn the sim stuff and join you fellows on line. You really can teach old dogs some new tricks. My worry however, is after flying those high performance birds on the sim, making 40 mile final glides, I would get spoiled and have to buy a real one lol. Sometimes its better to not know what your missing lol.

Dan

Nah, a glider is a glider. I've gone from a 1-26 one day to a Duckhawk the next, to a Grob the following day, then a LS4 and then back into a 1-26.

It's all the same. The fun is in the soaring and they are all great soaring machines.

Just go fly!

All the best,
Daniel
Old April 1st 20, 04:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 9:58:30 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Is’nt that how it goes lol. The best wx is always on a monday, in a neighboring state, when there is no tow pilot available or in the midst of an epidemic lol. But, if I had the gear, I would learn the sim stuff and join you fellows on line. You really can teach old dogs some new tricks. My worry however, is after flying those high performance birds on the sim, making 40 mile final glides, I would get spoiled and have to buy a real one lol. Sometimes its better to not know what your missing lol.

Dan

It is fun to go fly the same Condor task in a wonder machine then do it in a 1-26. Or vice versa.
Old April 1st 20, 09:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 6:48:09 AM UTC-7, Daniel Sazhin wrote:
Hey Guys,

16,000ft, 8 knot thermals in Nephi today! Let's go fly... https://soaringeconomist.com/2020/04...oday-in-nephi/

All the best,
Daniel

WOW! All your badges AND 750k, 1000k Diplomas in a 1-26!! I don't think I have ever heard of that before.

Tom
Old April 1st 20, 11:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

My son just drove thru the area south of there up thru Green River, saw bases above 16k and wonderful streeting! Wish I was there. Incidentally 2g theres a handful of us on the same program doing all the awards in 1-26’s.
Dan
Old April 2nd 20, 01:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 4:53:53 PM UTC-4, 2G wrote:
On Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 6:48:09 AM UTC-7, Daniel Sazhin wrote:
Hey Guys,

16,000ft, 8 knot thermals in Nephi today! Let's go fly... https://soaringeconomist.com/2020/04...oday-in-nephi/

All the best,
Daniel

WOW! All your badges AND 750k, 1000k Diplomas in a 1-26!! I don't think I have ever heard of that before.

Tom

Yup. With all the fancy high-performance 13.5m gliders now in existence, Daniel holds the 13.5m distance world record - set in a 1-26.
Old April 2nd 20, 05:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

We had terrific lennies around Moriarty yesterday but I was riding my
Harley.Â* Too many toys...

--
Dan, 5J
Old April 2nd 20, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Dan now that is absolute blasphemy! U can ride that bike when theres no lennies showing AND u have no excuse not to fly what with that wonderful motor in your bird....see what happens with all this viral madness! How far and fast u are falling! Like me in my 1-26 trying to get thru that horrendous moriarty sink!!! lol
Old April 2nd 20, 06:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Guess I'm getting old, Dan, but the 28 kt gusts make me worry about
opening the canopy to get in.

Going to Nephi? Paul Remde Soaring 6 June 26th 15 05:22 AM
New Video From Nephi and Update on 2014 Nephi Events [email protected] Soaring 1 June 5th 14 03:27 AM
Icing conditions Mxsmanic Piloting 93 December 2nd 06 02:12 PM
AF#2/conditions Christopher Range Piloting 11 October 26th 06 02:57 AM
FLYING VFR IN IMC CONDITIONS Sky Scrapper Piloting 77 August 1st 06 03:37 PM