quick disconnect hydraulic fitting

Old January 6th 05, 10:18 PM

Default quick disconnect hydraulic fitting

Anybody know of a quick disconnect hydraulic fitting that won't
introduce air in the system when it is disconnected and reconnected?
Something inline and sized for typical light aircraft brake lines?

Joa

Old January 6th 05, 11:17 PM
williamhenry

you want flat face zero drip couplings , high dollar

Old January 6th 05, 11:19 PM
Blueskies

"Wayne Lundberg" wrote in message
Go to Parker Hannifin and look there.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Anybody know of a quick disconnect hydraulic fitting that won't
introduce air in the system when it is disconnected and reconnected?
Something inline and sized for typical light aircraft brake lines?

Joa

All of them that I know of will introduce a little air when reconnected, even the 'zero leakage' ones....

Old January 7th 05, 03:45 AM
C.D.Damron

"Blueskies" wrote in message
om...
All of them that I know of will introduce a little air when reconnected,

even the 'zero leakage' ones....

Yes, you would have to have multiple valves to be truly zero-leakage. Are
there such animals? Can somebody suggest a simpler setup than the setup I'm
thinking about? I would think that you would lose a bit of fluid while
bleeding, but avoid introducing air.

line-----shut-off/bleed valve------connector end--| |--connector
end-----shut-off/bleed valve-----line

Old January 7th 05, 04:26 AM
Drew Dalgleish

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 03:45:04 GMT, "C.D.Damron"
wrote:

"Blueskies" wrote in message
. com...
All of them that I know of will introduce a little air when reconnected,

even the 'zero leakage' ones....

Yes, you would have to have multiple valves to be truly zero-leakage. Are
there such animals? Can somebody suggest a simpler setup than the setup I'm
thinking about? I would think that you would lose a bit of fluid while
bleeding, but avoid introducing air.

If you install the fittings so the female one points up you could fill
it with oil before connecting then join them without getting any air
into the system. My question is why do you need this.
Old January 7th 05, 06:22 AM
Bogone

Boeing 747 quick change brake calipers?

Old January 7th 05, 02:41 PM
GeorgeB

On 6 Jan 2005 14:18:36 -0800, wrote:

Anybody know of a quick disconnect hydraulic fitting that won't
introduce air in the system when it is disconnected and reconnected?
Something inline and sized for typical light aircraft brake lines?

I've read the suggestions, and agree with looking at the Parker units.
They have several which will be substantially zero leak. They have
diagnostic versions (look at the "PD" series) which are
double-shut-off. The female ends are heavy by my terminology. Take a
look here for more info.

http://www.parker.com/quickcouplings...ecF%20Diag.pdf

If your flows are as small as I expect, there is a great additional
option. I use diagnostic fittings extensively. The fitting is
substantially zero leak. The hose end IS NOT. The hoses normally
used have adequate pressure rating (9000-10000 psi), with an ID of
about 2mm.

In my work, I use the larger "1620" fitting because it is more
standard in industry. There is a smaller (and lighter) "1215" series.

Stauff, Schroeder, and Hydrotechnik are the 3 manufacturers I think of
first with the 1215 series; I prefer Hydac for my 1620, but they don't
do the 1215.

Of those in the 1215 market, I am most familiar with the Schroeder
catalog, and sell their products to my customers who have a need for
the 1215 stuff ... see

http://www.schroederindustries.com/pdf/Schroeder%20Check%20(L-2458).pdf

for more info.

ROUGH costs from Schroeder ... test points are around $12, hoses kinda
$25+$1/ft. The hoses are made to order, and you have to get $100
worth at a time. Testpoints are available singly, but freight charges
eat you up. Hose prices can go way down in the multiple quantity of
similar item situation.

THIS IS NOT AN OFFER TO SELL: THEY have local distribution everywhere
in the US. Their website lists distributors.

George (a hydraulics nut)

Old January 7th 05, 03:28 PM
C.D.Damron

If you install the fittings so the female one points up you could fill
it with oil before connecting then join them without getting any air
into the system. My question is why do you need this.

How would you disconnect pressurized line?

If you can deal with a little bit of air, there are a number of options.