Why we say HITS

Old April 18th 05, 12:46 AM
jsmith

Default Why we say HITS

I read an article in a recent issue of BUSINESS/COMMERCIAL AVIATION.
The article discusses the current electronics flight displays and the
symbology used for course guidance.
The article "explains" why we see the acryonm for Highway-In-The-Sky
instead of the other reference, Tunnels-In-The-Sky.
The general public just doesn't understand pilots.

Old April 18th 05, 09:24 PM
John Harlow

jsmith wrote:
I read an article in a recent issue of BUSINESS/COMMERCIAL AVIATION.
The article discusses the current electronics flight displays and the
symbology used for course guidance.
The article "explains" why we see the acryonm for Highway-In-The-Sky
instead of the other reference, Tunnels-In-The-Sky.
The general public just doesn't understand pilots.

It used to be "Super Highways In The Sky" but was changed once it was found
to be synonymous with "Relatively Unlimited Navigation System".