Ed Rasimus

Old November 25th 03, 01:25 AM
CC

Default Ed Rasimus

Hello Ed.....I was trying to track down some of the airplanes my dad flew
and came upon his log books....He passed 9-15-01 and I am the repository of
all his "military" stuff....anyway I was looking for serial numbers and he
didn't keep a record of the serial numbers in his log books, oh well....It
is weird looking at the books, like reading someone's diary....he began
flying 8-8-42 and quit because of medical reasons in '93....he had 6845
total hrs, is that normal for a lifetime pilot?....In the early years he
seemed to fly every day, sometime more than once a day!....I noticed he took
off 3 days when I was born but started every day flying after that!....he
flew so many different planes, I didn't know....when he was an instructor he
had so many students....I remember him saying once that students could hurt
you worse than combat!....Oh well I digress, I was just curious about the
hours he logged....thanks for your time....cc

--
No good deed goes unpunished!

Old November 25th 03, 06:48 AM
Gene Storey

"CC" wrote

[...]

Those numbers would be respectable for a fighter pilot, but as a bomber or
transport pilot, he would be considered a slacker :-)

P.S. Love your F-111 pictures!

Old November 25th 03, 11:01 PM
CC

Well Gene I guess he was partly a slacker, he flew fighters until the mid
50's (F-84C)when he started to fly transports in NEAC....then KC-97 in
SAC....he also has a lot of Gooney Bird time!....When he got out of the AF
he became a civilian instructor in Redlands CA ....he also tried to teach me
at Minot, the aero club c-140, I'm not cut out for that, propping the Cessna
on snow/ice covered PSP was scary to me at 16 yr old....two Herman Nelson
heaters running just to get ready to fly!....kinda took the edge off the
magic....cc

--
No good deed goes unpunished!