Flight log: CA to MA and back !

Old April 23rd 04, 01:31 AM
Jim Wang

Default Flight log: CA to MA and back !

Last May I took a trip I've always wanted to fly: from San Diego to
Massachusetss where I grew up. It was almost all VFR too: I was
trying for 100%, but the coastal fog at my home airport required an
ILS.

And an amazing circumstance too: my AI tumbled somewhere over
Pennsylvania, and looked like a clothes dryer all the way back. But
somehow, somewhere on the last leg, it miraculously righted itself for
this ILS approach ... !!

I finally got around to writing up a http log and posting it:

http://members.cox.net/jim48/CAtoMA.html

I don't promise anything about the text: it's more like a diary than a
flight log, a little introspective at times, and there's not a lot of
pilot stuff in it - read it at your own risk ! Plus there's some
boring stuff in there too, like family stuff.

But the trip photos might be interesting ....

But I encourage other pilots to take trips like this: it was the most
fun vacation I've had in a long time. Plus we got to see a lot of the
country I wouldn't have otherwise, and we met a lot of great people at
airports all over.

Jim
N19806

(use the five chars between the x's)
Old April 23rd 04, 02:05 AM
Bob Fry

Jim Wang writes:

And an amazing circumstance too: my AI tumbled somewhere over
Pennsylvania, and looked like a clothes dryer all the way back. But
somehow, somewhere on the last leg, it miraculously righted itself for
this ILS approach ... !!

Whoa dude, do I understand that your AI was AWOL, and then when it
showed up you shot an ILS? Isn't that kinda, uh, ballsy?