How Good a Replica?

Old December 23rd 03, 01:43 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Gord Beaman" wrote in message

(for the second time) Because your a/c doesn't have electrical
power?

That may be what he's thinking, but that's not the answer. It really is
because he does not wish to operate it in any airspace that would require
him to have them.

Old December 23rd 03, 01:50 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Mike Marron" wrote in message

Wrong again, Stevie boy.

Not wrong at all, it really is because you don't wish to operate it in any
airspace that would require you to have them. How could it be any other
way?

The airport where I'm based is under Tampa's
mode C veil therefore all aircraft (besides mine ) must be squawking
1200 the instant their wheels leave the ground. Now why do you s'pose
that is?

It isn't. Aircraft assigned a discrete code don't have to squawk 1200, and
any aircraft which was not originally certificated with an engine-driven
electrical system or which has not subsequently been certified with such a
system installed, or a balloon or glider, does not even have to have a
transponder. If you were familiar with the FARs you would have known that.

Old December 23rd 03, 03:04 AM
N329DF

You're able to do it because you're unfamiliar with the FARs and thus are
unaware that you must have a transponder in Class B and Class C airspace.

no, he is able to do it because he has a WAIVER, very easy to get. We used to
have a Pitts S-2A that did not have room for a Xponder, we applied for a waiver
and got it.
Matt Gunsch,
A&P,IA,Private Pilot
Riding member of the
2003 world champion drill team
Arizona Precision Motorcycle Drill Team
GWRRA,NRA,GOA

Old December 23rd 03, 03:25 AM
Mike Marron

(N329DF) wrote:

You're able to do it because you're unfamiliar with the FARs and thus are
unaware that you must have a transponder in Class B and Class C airspace.

no, he is able to do it because he has a WAIVER, very easy to get. We used to
have a Pitts S-2A that did not have room for a Xponder, we applied for a waiver
and got it.

Actually Matt, in my case I don't even need the waiver (self-launching
glider). With regards to McNicoll, remember never to wrestle with a
pig (you both get dirty, and the pig likes it!)

-Mike Marron
A&P, CFII, Commercial, multi-engine instrument
UFI weightshift/fixed-wing land &sea

Old December 23rd 03, 03:50 AM
Mike Marron

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:
"Mike Marron" wrote:

Wrong again, Stevie boy.

Not wrong at all, it really is because you don't wish to operate it in any
airspace that would require you to have them.

How the hell do YOU know how I wish to operate MY airplane?

How could it be any other way?

You're the self-anointed expert on FAR's Stevie, you tell me!

(Hint: don't expect me to answer if you're too lazy to do your own
homework, or too stubborn to listen to the correct answer!)

The airport where I'm based is under Tampa's
mode C veil therefore all aircraft (besides mine ) must be squawking
1200 the instant their wheels leave the ground. Now why do you s'pose
that is?

It isn't.

Huh? WHAT isn't?!??

Aircraft assigned a discrete code don't have to squawk 1200,

Huh? Who said anything about a discrete code?

and any aircraft which was not originally certificated
with an engine-driven electrical system or which has not subsequently
been certified with such a system installed, or a balloon or glider, does not
even have to have a transponder.

Finally! I see you've been studying 91.215 like I told you, what,
THREE days ago after you planted your foot firmly in your big
mouth trying to impress with your superficial knowledge of the
FAR's. So, how's the crow taste Stevie boy?

If you were familiar with the FARs you would have known that.

Riiiiiiiiiight Stevie. Whatever you say Stevie. You can backpedal all
you want, but you're STILL more full of **** than a brontasaurus with
no ass!

Old December 23rd 03, 05:36 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"N329DF" wrote in message

no, he is able to do it because he has a WAIVER, very easy to get.

ATC doesn't give waivers to idiots. I base an Aeronca 7AC near Class C
airspace. I have a waiver, Marron does not.

Old December 23rd 03, 05:49 AM
Mike Marron

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:
"N329DF" wrote:

no, he is able to do it because he has a WAIVER, very easy to get.

ATC doesn't give waivers to idiots. I base an Aeronca 7AC near Class C
airspace. I have a waiver, Marron does not.

Again, see 91.215 (e.g: I don't need no stinkin' waiver, idiot.)

BTW, enjoy your gutless ol' Aeronca Champ.

Old December 23rd 03, 09:52 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Mike Marron" wrote in message
news

How the hell do YOU know how I wish to operate MY airplane?

Simple logic. You've told us your airplane does not have a transponder and
encoder yet you can (and do) legally operate it in any airspace that you
wish. Since transponders and encoders are required equipment in some
airspace, it follows that you do not wish to operate your airplane in any
airspace that would require it to have them.

You're the self-anointed expert on FAR's Stevie, you tell me!

It can't be any other way.

(Hint: don't expect me to answer if you're too lazy to do your own
homework, or too stubborn to listen to the correct answer!)

Don't expect you to answer what? I'm the one that GAVE the correct answer.

Huh? WHAT isn't?!??

Try to keep up. "It isn't" is the answer to the question you asked; "The
airport where I'm based is under Tampa's mode C veil therefore all aircraft
(besides mine ) must be squawking 1200 the instant their wheels leave the
ground. Now why do you s'pose that is?"

Huh? Who said anything about a discrete code?

I did. You said all aircraft (besides yours ) must be squawking 1200, a
nondiscrete code, the instant their wheels leave the ground. That's not
correct. Any aircraft assigned a discrete code by ATC prior to departure
would not have to squawk 1200 the instant their wheels left the ground.

Finally! I see you've been studying 91.215 like I told you,

Actually, I haven't. Why would you think I had?

what, THREE days ago after you planted your foot firmly in your
big mouth trying to impress with your superficial knowledge of the
FAR's.

How did you imagine I had my foot in my mouth?

So, how's the crow taste Stevie boy?

I wouldn't know.

Riiiiiiiiiight Stevie. Whatever you say Stevie. You can backpedal all
you want, but you're STILL more full of **** than a brontasaurus with
no ass!

Backpedaling? How so?

Old December 23rd 03, 09:53 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Mike Marron" wrote in message
news

Again, see 91.215 (e.g: I don't need no stinkin' waiver, idiot.)

I don't need to review it, what exactly would you like me to explain to you?

Old December 23rd 03, 11:15 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Mike Marron" wrote in message

Stealth CFI

I take it you have no idea what Part of the FARs this replica was
certificated under.