Soldier's Silent Night

Old December 16th 07, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
T. & D. Gregor, Sr.

Default Soldier's Silent Night

Soldier's Silent Night

Written by former Marine Corporal James M. Schmidt, in 1987 when
stationed in Washington D.C., it was pounded out on a typewriter while
awaiting the commanding officer's Christmas holiday decoration
inspection. It was originally title "Merry Christmas, My Friend", and
was an instant success that reportedly
brought tears to the eyes of the barracks Commander who ordered it
distributed to everyone he knew. It appeared in the barracks
publication Pass in Review in December 1987 and Leatherneck Magazine
in December 1991.

The poem was recorded as a tribute by Father Ted Berndt, a former
Marine and Purple Heart recipient during World War II, currently
residing in Dousman, Wisconsin for his daughter Ellen Stout, a Clear
Channel radio personality.

[Note: As the poem was written by a Marine about a Marine and the
recording was made by a Marine, I'm
not sure why the recording was titled "Soldier's Silent Night". It
might be because "soldier" can be used to describe anyone in the Armed
Forces (capital S "Soldier" means Army). Or it just might be a
mistake?.]

"If you can listen to this spoken word piece without choking up, you
are a heartless *******. And since I've been called one on innumerable
occasions, I can speak from experience here".

The *.mp3 format link follows:

http://mysite.verizon.net/tdgsr/audi...tfatherted.mp3

If you would like a text version of a "Soldier's Silent Night", please
don’t hesitate to e-mail me.

Semper Fi & Merry Christmas!

- Tom G, Sr.

"We don't charge for any of our programs or
services. Instead, we rely on your purchases and
donations. Please help us to help you. Thank you
for your continuing support."

E-Mail:
Web-Site:
http://www.scenery.org
"The Scenery Hall of Fame"
Subscribe to our RSS feeds:
Old December 17th 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Jim[_10_]

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 16:43:46 +0000, T. & D. Gregor, Sr. wrote:

[...]

Excellent, thanks for sharing it.

Old December 19th 07, 02:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
a425couple

"T. & D. Gregor, Sr." wrote
Soldier's Silent Night
Written by former Marine Corporal James M. Schmidt, in 1987
It was originally title "Merry Christmas, My Friend",
The poem was recorded as a tribute by Father Ted Berndt,
[Note: As the poem was written by a Marine about a Marine and --
"If you can listen to this spoken word piece without choking up, you
are a heartless *******. And since I've been called one on innumerable
occasions, I can speak from experience here".
The *.mp3 format link follows:
http://mysite.verizon.net/tdgsr/audi...tfatherted.mp3
If you would like a text version of a "Soldier's Silent Night", please
don't hesitate to e-mail me.
Semper Fi & Merry Christmas!
- Tom G, Sr.
E-Mail:

Semper Fi, Tom

Sure, I'd be happy to read it if you post/mail it.
(deficiencies of both me and computer - best to read!)

Old December 19th 07, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
T. & D. Gregor, Sr.

Hi a425couple:

My pleasure...will e-mail it to you later this afternoon.

Semper Fi & Merry Christmas

Tom G, Sr.