Teaching VORs / ADFs

Old January 7th 04, 01:20 AM
BoDEAN

Default Teaching VORs / ADFs

I have a few students coming in tomorrow, and I am going to be
teaching them about VOR's and ADF's and tracking/orientation.

Anyone have any cool websites that could supplement my lesson on them?

Old January 7th 04, 01:38 AM
Mike Adams

This is kind of a cool VOR simulator - helps to visualize radial/CDI
indications.

http://www.relia.net/~george/aviation/sim/

Mike

Old January 7th 04, 01:49 AM
Jonathan

This is a cool site I stumbled across recently which you may find helpful
for this purpose.
http://www.relia.net/~george/aviation/sim/
-Jonathan

Old January 7th 04, 02:18 AM
mqd_117.3

BoDEAN wrote:
*I have a few students coming in tomorrow, and I am going to be
teaching them about VOR's and ADF's and tracking/orientation.

Anyone have any cool websites that could supplement my lesson on
them? *

BoDean,
I'm not really sure if this is what you're after, but take a look at
this one
http://www.privatepilotlicense.com/navtools.asp

MQD_117.3

--
mqd_117.3
- A website for Australian Pilots regardless of when, why, or what they fly -

Old January 7th 04, 03:31 AM
nuke

Lots of good info here
http://www.qsl.net/n3is/technet09-21-2001.html
nuke

Old January 7th 04, 03:59 AM
John Clonts

"BoDEAN" wrote in message
I have a few students coming in tomorrow, and I am going to be
teaching them about VOR's and ADF's and tracking/orientation.

Anyone have any cool websites that could supplement my lesson on them?

This is a different "take" (and better IMO) than is usually taught...

http://www.campbells.org/Airplanes/VOR/vor.html

Cheers,
John Clonts
Temple, Texas
N7NZ

Old January 7th 04, 03:43 PM
John Bell

I have a few students coming in tomorrow, and I am going to be
teaching them about VOR's and ADF's and tracking/orientation.

Anyone have any cool websites that could supplement my lesson on them?

I hit the reply instead of reply group button last night. Try:

http://www.fergworld.com/training/