Is Gliding and Motorgliding International now dead?

Old October 16th 04, 08:32 AM
Nick Olson

Default Is Gliding and Motorgliding International now dead?

Is Gliding and Motorgliding International now dead?
Although I always questioned the 'international' bit
of the site, it had some great articles. Since Gillian's
depature the site doesn't seem to have been updated.
Has there really been no news for 15 days. Or is this
indicative of the SSA's new editorship of the site?

Old October 16th 04, 02:37 PM
tango4

The Southern hemispheres season is just kicking off ( and it looks to be a
corker ) two world records have been claimed in Argentina, a new version of
the sporting code has been released.

Looks like the SSA is about to kill off what had become an excellent site!

Ian

Old October 16th 04, 08:28 PM
ZASoars

I have had a bad feeling about SSA's committment to "picking up the ball" and
running with it to keep this excellent site alive. In fact I contacted SSA (and
copied several SSA Directors) to ask if SSA is committed to doing just that .
So far I did not receive a direct reply from the Executive Director - and I do
not sense any real appreciation from SSA of how good and well supported this
magazine has been to members .Surely an SSA Director or two must realise this
has been the best site in the world for good daily updates on happenings in the
Soaring world. Perhaps some more SSA members who feel strongly about this
potential loss could send messages to their Directors to try and prevent the
slow death of this great magazine.
Old October 17th 04, 02:02 AM
JDFlishall

I've really enjoyed this website. I truly hope SSA doesn't screw it up.

John
Old October 17th 04, 02:05 PM
Henk de Waard

(JDFlishall) wrote in message ...
I've really enjoyed this website. I truly hope SSA doesn't screw it up.

John

I hope the site will continue.
BTW does anybody knows what happened with:
http://www.gliderforum.com/category-view.asp
It was a great forum site, but I cann't get to it for some time now.

Henk

Old October 17th 04, 05:35 PM
F.L. Whiteley

"ZASoars" wrote in message
[...]

The SSA Board met in Denver yesterday in advance of the Barnaby Lecture. I
asked a director if an editor had been selected and the answer was yes.

Old October 17th 04, 09:38 PM
Denis

F.L. Whiteley a écrit :

The SSA Board met in Denver yesterday in advance of the Barnaby Lecture. I
asked a director if an editor had been selected and the answer was yes.

The best interest of "Gliding and Motorgliding International" was that
it was "international"... what if it is now ruled by SSA ?

--
Denis

R. Parce que ça rompt le cours normal de la conversation !!!
Q. Pourquoi ne faut-il pas répondre au-dessus de la question ?
Old October 18th 04, 07:11 PM
Nick Olson

At 17:00 17 October 2004, F.L. Whiteley wrote:

I asked a director if an editor had been selected
and the answer was yes.

So who is it? And why is he/she not editing?

17 days and no updates!

Do they actually pay someone for this?

Old October 22nd 04, 07:39 AM
F.L. Whiteley

"F.L. Whiteley" wrote in message

"ZASoars" wrote in message
[...]

He was in error and I was mis-informed. After reading the 'Missile' today,
I'm perturbed.

Frank