Let's move on

Old August 16th 08, 02:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

Default Let's move on

"Dudley Henriques" wrote

Personally, I've reached the point where for me, the crap on Usenet simply
isn't worth my time. I come and go with little expectation of a positive
result. If I happen to get a positive result, I simply consider that a
good day and I'll converse with respectful Usenet posters. If I don't find
that, I'll tell people to go **** themselves in a heartbeat!
On the moderated forums, I know going in that I'll never have to resort to
telling anyone to go **** themselves, and for me, that's important. You
see, I don't particularly like telling people to go **** themselves.

Agreed

What we really need is a small group of reasonable people to act as
moderators, here, on usenet. All we need to do is keep out the riff-raff,
and the worst of the disrespect.

It is all about respect, and that is a sign of the times.

As I contemplate going back to having students at school next week, I have
come to dread it, and there too, it is all about respect, and the lack of
it.

Lack of respect for others, their property, and even for themselves.

If I was allowed he whack their little backsides when they needed it, 90% of
the problem would disappear.

It's a pity that we can't pound a little respect into this generation when
they need it. But no, that isn't civilized, or some such crap.

Anyway, I've wandered.

Anyone want to be a moderator?
--
Jim in NC

Old August 16th 08, 03:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Dudley Henriques writes:

On the moderated forums, I know going in that I'll never have to resort
to telling anyone to go **** themselves, and for me, that's important.
You see, I don't particularly like telling people to go **** themselves.

And yet you do it. Given that it has no real effect on anything, why do it if
you don't like to?
Old August 16th 08, 03:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote:
Dudley Henriques writes:

On the moderated forums, I know going in that I'll never have to resort
to telling anyone to go **** themselves, and for me, that's important.
You see, I don't particularly like telling people to go **** themselves.

And yet you do it. Given that it has no real effect on anything, why do it if
you don't like to?

I do lots of things I don't like doing Anthony. I just try keeping these
things to a minimum if they're uncomfortable to me.

Example; I'm showing 67,800 posts to Usenet on Google as of today. I've
found it necessary to tell very few of the people I deal with on these
forums to go **** themselves. It seems you just bring out the very best
in people :-))

--
Dudley Henriques
Old August 16th 08, 04:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
F. Baum

On Aug 14, 9:46*pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:

Whatever you blame its demise on, you're right on regarding Pilots of
America. *It's like a breath of fresh air over there, full of helpful,
knowledgeable, friendly and respectful pilots and learned conversation about
piloting. *

Jay, be careful with the "knowlegible, helpful" stuff. I would say
that from a pure aviation knowlege standpoint that list is no better
and certainly worse in many ways than what you get over here. I am not
to good at pinning down human nature but as I see it, many pilots come
to these groups to discuss thier hobby of flying. Unfortunatly for
some, these forums sorta become the hobby. POA , seems to be full of
these types. Look at the guys with thousands of posts and you will see
what I mean. There is some good aviation content over there to be
sure, but I dont see the signal to noise ratio any better than this
place and (If you exclude all the MX stuff) probably much worse.
There is alot of good people here, and a few attention starved "flying
squirells"(My own term). The big difference on POA is that no one
Is gonna tell the squirells to **** off ,as Dudley would say. Both
good and bad I guess )))))
Old August 16th 08, 04:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Dudley Henriques writes:

I do lots of things I don't like doing Anthony. I just try keeping these
things to a minimum if they're uncomfortable to me.

Why do you do them?

Example; I'm showing 67,800 posts to Usenet on Google as of today. I've
found it necessary to tell very few of the people I deal with on these
forums to go **** themselves.

What made it "necessary" to tell them this?
Old August 16th 08, 04:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Absolutely true. Maybe the group needs a "vacation" where the trolls get
bored and move on to other groups for their trolling pleasure. Then the
value-add folks might slowly come back and the group might experience a
rebirth of activity. There must be some eco-system principles at work
here.

Sadly, I've seen precisely this happen with Bertie here recently. When it's
apparent that he's completely killed the group, he goes into hibernation, or
(more diabolically) enters one of his more constructive phases where he
actually discusses aviation.

Right now he's noticeably absent, in case you haven't noticed. Either that
or NO ONE is responding to him, which seems unlikely.

His absence slowly lures people back into the newsgroup fold. Once some
number of users (known only to Bertie) have jumped back in the group, he
then resumes his inane 3-word personal attacks. His evil twin, Maxwell,
follows suit shortly thereafter.

It's disgustingly predictable, and kill files only cure half the problem.
(The other half being all the people who respond to their inane, 3-word
personal attack posts...)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: This group would still be
thriving with TEN "MX-style" posters actively participating. But all it
took was two "Bertie-style" trolls to swiftly and efficiently kill it.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 16th 08, 05:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

On Aug 16, 3:46 pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: This group would still be
thriving with TEN "MX-style" posters actively participating. But all it
took was two "Bertie-style" trolls to swiftly and efficiently kill it.

The group hasn't been killed.
Some posters do not suffer fools gladly and are only to happy to
demonstrate the fact.
Old August 16th 08, 05:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mxsmanic wrote:
Dudley Henriques writes:

I do lots of things I don't like doing Anthony. I just try keeping these
things to a minimum if they're uncomfortable to me.

Why do you do them?

Adults do lots of things they don't like to do because that is part of
being an adult.

But what would you know about adult behavior?

Do you pay your taxes though you don't want to?

Have you ever cared for and financially supported someone just because
it was the right thing to do?

Have you ever stayed at a job you didn't like because people depended
upon you for support?

Have you ever gone to war, scared ****less, because it was the right
thing to do?

I could go on, but I doubt your world view extends beyond your hovel
and simulated life.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old August 16th 08, 06:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ricky

On Aug 15, 11:40*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

blah, blah, blah....

Hey Anthony, how about those references, hmmmm???

You are a liar if you can't simply provide them.

Ricky