Anyone have any experience of Helicopter Adventures, Florida?

Old November 18th 04, 09:31 PM
Simon Robbins

Default Anyone have any experience of Helicopter Adventures, Florida?

I'm looking into (financial) alternatives to doing my CPL(H) training in the
UK. Heli Adventures offer a JAA course in Florida (plus FAA and a work visa
for a year afterwards, which may or may not be useful). Anyone have any
direct experience of them?

Si

Old November 19th 04, 02:40 AM
John_F

Our idiotic government (TSA) here in the US will run you through the
wringer before they will let you take any flight training. Better
check on how long it will take you to get the "CORRECT" paper work so
you don't waste a lot of time and money. It changed for the worse
last month.
John

Old November 19th 04, 04:16 AM
Micbloo

Our idiotic government (TSA) here in the US will run you through the
wringer before they will let you take any flight training.

Unless you are Middle Eastern.
Old November 19th 04, 07:24 AM
Simon Robbins

"John_F" wrote in message
Our idiotic government (TSA) here in the US will run you through the
wringer before they will let you take any flight training. Better
check on how long it will take you to get the "CORRECT" paper work so
you don't waste a lot of time and money. It changed for the worse
last month.
John

The school themselves said that applications from the UK for a J-1 visa
currently takes 4-8 weeks. But yes, obviously I would ensure I had the visa
before committing any large sums of money.

Si

Old November 19th 04, 02:11 PM
SelwayKid

"Simon Robbins" wrote in message ...
I'm looking into (financial) alternatives to doing my CPL(H) training in the
UK. Heli Adventures offer a JAA course in Florida (plus FAA and a work visa
for a year afterwards, which may or may not be useful). Anyone have any
direct experience of them?

Si

**************************
Helicopter Adventures is one of the most up to date schools I can
think of and certainly will be up to speed on the new restrictive
foreign student flight training requirements. I recommend them without
reservation. I got my Rotor CFII with them back in 1995 when they were
in California and have watched them during the move to Florida. I
still recommend them highly.
Been flying worldwide since 1964.
Ol Shy & Bashful
Old November 19th 04, 11:13 PM
Simon Robbins

"SelwayKid" wrote in message
om...
Helicopter Adventures is one of the most up to date schools I can
think of and certainly will be up to speed on the new restrictive
foreign student flight training requirements. I recommend them without
reservation. I got my Rotor CFII with them back in 1995 when they were
in California and have watched them during the move to Florida. I
still recommend them highly.
Been flying worldwide since 1964.
Ol Shy & Bashful

Thank you very much indeed. I've looked into a couple of places that offer
JAA courses in the US, but all apart from them require at least some kind of
conversion afterwards whereas apparently they don't. (I'd also get an FAA
qualification which would be handy.) I'm one step closer to making this
expensive decision!! (But life is for living, right?)

Si