I wonder if Chris Thomas is a real pilot? Anybody know?

Old August 22nd 04, 11:43 PM
RobertR237

Maybe we don't have a very good choice, but I think it is a real choice,

and
I for one will do everything in my power to prevent a Kerry presidency.

You'd rather cast your lot with a cowardly deserter from the tayksucks
ANG? Rather strange, all the bushbaby has to do is open his record to
clear it up but he won't. Must not show him as being anything but the
cowardly deserter he is and his daddy bought him off, again.

You realize, of course, making accusations like that which you can't prove
only
makes you look foolish.

At the very least no coward volunteers for military service in time of war.
You
would know this if you had ever served in the military.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Dan,

Anyone who volunteered and served in the regular services or any of the
national guard units during Viet Nam was very much aware that they potientially
could end up in Viet Nam. That was especially true for any of the officers who
qualified for flight status and had to serve multiple years of active service
followed by several years of weekend service.

I was in the Air Force from 1965 to 1969 and was very much aware of just how
easily anyone could end up in Viet Nam. I was not one of those who went but it
was simply a case of not being in the right place at the right time. (Or wrong
place depending on your point of view.) Claiming that W's father, himself a
decorated WWII veteran, pulled strings to keep from being sent to Viet Nam have
never been substantiated by anyone anywhere and remain nothing but stupid lies
fabricated by those who can find nothing more to base their claims on.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old August 23rd 04, 12:17 AM
C J Campbell

wrote in message
You don't mind deserters from the tayksucks ANG though. Cowards are
more your type?

And I'm sorry, but the lies being spread about Kerry can probably be
traced right into the bush family bedroom. Products of sick, depraved
tayksucks spoiled dickheads.

And I am sorry, but they are not lies and the Bush campaign is not spreading
them. Kerry, rather than disputing the facts (because he cannot) is instead
resorting to personal attacks, threats, intimidation and even legal action
to suppress them. So much for free speech.

Old August 23rd 04, 12:25 AM
Del Rawlins

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 08:13:32 -0700, "C J Campbell"
wrote:

OK. Here we have a guy who received two of his Purple Hearts for self
inflicted wounds, left one of his buddies for dead while fleeing an
imaginary attack and only went back for him when another boat turned back,
by his own admission killed a baby and committed other war crimes, went home
and disgraced the medals he is now so proud of, betrayed everyone else who
served in Vietnam by appearing before the Fulbright Commission and claiming
that everyone who served there was a war criminal and baby killer (speak for
yourself, John!)

Yup. Either Kerry told the truth and should be prosecuted for war
crimes, or he lied and should be prosecuted for perjury.

Del Rawlins--
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply
Old August 23rd 04, 12:32 AM
Del Rawlins

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 09:50:25 -0500, Darrel Toepfer
wrote:

Badwater Bill wrote:

This was emailed to me. I don't doubt the authenticity of it's
intent, I just wonder if it's for real? Anybody know?

Bill I got that 6 months ago, you need to get a faster internet
connection... ;-)

http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/pizza.asp

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=118479

About all that I saw at those sites was a lack of confirmation of the
specific events in the story, but plenty of confirmation that the
story fits in well with Kerry's typical behavior.

Old August 23rd 04, 01:27 AM
Blueskies

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message ...
John Kunkel wrote:

"Badwater Bill" wrote in message

I find it appalling that we Americans are not given a real choice in
most of these presidential elections. From peanut farmers to actors
and people who "Didn't inhale" is the gambit we are given. I'm so
frustrated with these idiots, I almost feel that the act of voting
itself indicates tacit approval of the system and that I will be
counted with all of those who really think they have a choice. I'm
beginning to think that avoiding the election all together is the only
protest I have so I am not counted as one who really thinks he has a
choice.

To quote a sixties antiwar slogan "Suppose they gave a war and nobody came".

A more appropriate slogan nowadays might be "Suppose they gave an election
and nobody came".

It seems to get closer to that every election. I think we're down to
the 50% or range now for people showing up. Another 50 years and it may
be that nobody comes...

Matt

I heard about some country where it was required to vote, it was the law. Don't know where it was, though...

Old August 23rd 04, 01:57 AM
C J Campbell

"Blueskies" wrote in message
m...

I heard about some country where it was required to vote, it was the law.

Don't know where it was, though...

The Soviet Union. Actually, this is or was a feature of life under several
totalitarian regimes. The government derives its sense of legitimacy from
rigged elections requiring 100% turnout.

Old August 23rd 04, 04:27 AM
Mike Patterson

Wow, what a devastating response to the Kerry war crimes/perjury
issue.

wrote:

[...]

Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin

Pilot Error? Is it Mr. Damron? Badwater Bill Home Built 3 June 23rd 04 04:05 PM
sport pilot humor Occom Home Built 0 April 9th 04 04:22 PM
Single-Seat Accident Records (Was BD-5B) Ron Wanttaja Home Built 41 November 20th 03 05:39 AM
Effect of Light Sport on General Aviation Gilan Home Built 17 September 24th 03 06:11 AM