Airplanes and Brakes?

Old September 23rd 08, 12:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mick[_2_]

Default Airplanes and Brakes?

.. .

Old September 23rd 08, 12:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mick[_2_]

Old September 23rd 08, 02:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Sep 16, 9:08*am, "Mick" @_#`~#@.^net wrote:
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

On Sep 16, 8:38 am, "Mick" @_#`~#@.^net wrote:

"Stealth Pilot" wrote in message

.. .

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 12:55:09 -0700 (PDT), Dudley Henriques
wrote:

The way I would present this
issue is to simply say that brakes are put on the airplane to hold it
for the run up check and for use ONLY when your pre-planned use of
aerodynamic forces available to you, or your steering capabilities
won't make the necessary change in direction.
In other words, you shouldn't be using them on takeoff, landing, and
even while taxiing if your planning is adequate for the situation.
I like the general rule that dictates that brakes on an airplane
should be used as little as possible.

Dudley Henriques

you know that I posted a comment along this exact line of thought
about a month ago I got bagged by nearly everyone for over a week.
I'm still correct in what I wrote and you evidently are in agreement.

:-)
Stealth Pilot

No, it just mean you are both wrong.

Don't think so.

---------------------------------------

Sure, jump on the band wagon Dumley.

So brakes were no put on aircraft to stop them. You're both full of it.

Using brakes to stop a plane is like using a pier to stop a boat.

And you are, in truth if not in fact, a waste of air.
Old September 23rd 08, 02:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Sep 16, 9:21*am, "Mick" @_#`~#@.^net wrote:
"Blanche" wrote in message

In article , Mick @_#`~#@.^net wrote:
[snip]
Sure, jump on the band wagon Dumley.

So brakes were no put on aircraft to stop them. You're both full of it.

Ah, another troll with no factual evidence, who hides behind anonimity.

Well, who in the hell is Blanche?

What factual evidence? You want me to prove brakes were not put and airplane
to stop them?

Why do you care? Still looking for a woman so pathetic as to hang
around your brain dead arse?
Old September 24th 08, 07:32 PM posted to demon.local,rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,alt.fan.art-bell
chatnoir

On Sep 23, 7:24*pm, ah wrote:
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Mick" #$$#@%%%.^^^ wrote :

. ..

@newsfe03.iad:

| "Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
|
| Yep, it's always all about you, isn't Dudley.
|

| Awww, and you want it to be all about you, dontcha k00kie boi?
|

| Bertie

Taking up for your sock eh?

God you're an idiot.

Bertie

Quiet, s0ck.
--
ah

Airplanes and Brakes?

Been watching Bugs Bunny again????
Old September 25th 08, 02:10 AM posted to demon.local,rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,alt.fan.art-bell
ah

chatnoir wrote:
On Sep 23, 7:24 pm, ah wrote:
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Mick" #$$#@%%%.^^^ wrote :

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
. ..
| "Mick" @_#`~#@.^net wrote in news:EuQzk.11625$rV4.4487
@newsfe03.iad:

| "Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
|
| Yep, it's always all about you, isn't Dudley.
|

| Awww, and you want it to be all about you, dontcha k00kie boi?
|

| Bertie

Taking up for your sock eh?

God you're an idiot.

Bertie

Quiet, s0ck.
--
ah

Airplanes and Brakes?

Been watching Bugs Bunny again????

Yeah. Why?
--
ah
Old September 25th 08, 03:14 PM posted to demon.local,rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,alt.fan.art-bell
chatnoir

On Sep 24, 7:10*pm, ah wrote:
chatnoir wrote:
On Sep 23, 7:24 pm, ah wrote:
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Mick" #$$#@%%%.^^^ wrote :

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
. ..
| "Mick" @_#`~#@.^net wrote in news:EuQzk.11625$rV4.4487
@newsfe03.iad:

| "Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
|
| Yep, it's always all about you, isn't Dudley.
|

| Awww, and you want it to be all about you, dontcha k00kie boi?
|

| Bertie

Taking up for your sock eh?

God you're an idiot.

Bertie

Quiet, s0ck.
--
ah

Airplanes and Brakes?

Been watching Bugs Bunny again????

Yeah. *Why?
--
ah

I remember the Brakes that were on the Airplanes in The Bugs Bunny
Cartoons! Planes could stop in mid air from proper braking! I now
know where you get your scientific info from!
Old September 26th 08, 12:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mick[_2_]

Default Airplanes and Brakes? - 1 attachment

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
| "Mick" #$$#@%%%.^^^ wrote in :
|

| "Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
| | Jim Logajan wrote in
| | :
| |
| | Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
| | Jim Logajan wrote in
| | :
| |
| | "BT" wrote:
| | "Jim Logajan" wrote in message
| |
| | So far all I've ever flown is a Schweizer SGS 2-33. Not only
| can't
| | I turn it with the brake, I can't reach the brake during taxi
| | anyway since I'm outside the cockpit during those times. ;-)
| |
| | You've never landed and then "taxied to parking"?
| |
| | Sure - but have yet to sit in the aircraft during "taxi to
| parking"
| | because the 2-33 is a monowheel glider. (Caveats on the
| monowheel.
| | It has small wheels near the wingtips and a small tailwheel.)
| |
| |
| | he meant rolling it to the tiedown after touchdown..
| |
| | Ah - I misunderstood - no. See, there is this shallow drainage
| ditch
| | in the grass between the tie down area and the landing field that
| | would make for some nasty pranging at anything above walking speed.
| | Plus the tow plane is typically too close to the tie down area to
| do
| | that safely.
| |
| |
| | Yeah, it's not something you can do just anywhere!
| |
| |

Old September 26th 08, 12:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mick[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
| "Mick" #$$#@%%%.^^^ wrote in :
|

| "Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
| | "Mick" @_#`~#@.^net wrote in news:EuQzk.11625$rV4.4487
| @newsfe03.iad:
| |
| |

Old September 26th 08, 12:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mick[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

And you, a half assed sock puppet.

Brakes? WingFlaps Piloting 69 March 4th 08 06:27 AM
Good news for scratch builders of metal airplanes - Home Depot rents bending brakes flybynightkarmarepair Home Built 7 January 6th 07 04:22 PM
Carbon brakes [email protected] Piloting 3 August 19th 06 07:01 AM
Trailer brakes Bert Willing Soaring 1 October 31st 03 07:55 AM
Cobratrailer&brakes Greg Arnold Soaring 5 October 6th 03 03:14 PM