Online user group for Arcus M or other self-launcher owners

Old December 19th 12, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

Default Online user group for Arcus M or other self-launcher owners

For a few years I have been flying an ASH 26. There is an active Google group for 26 owners which is enormously helpful. I have recently acquired an Arcus M, and wish there was somewhere to ask questions and share experiences with fellow owners of this great glider or of other self-launchers with similar power plants. Is there?
Old December 20th 12, 12:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Renny[_2_]

On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 4:53:23 PM UTC-7, waremark wrote:
For a few years I have been flying an ASH 26. There is an active Google group for 26 owners which is enormously helpful. I have recently acquired an Arcus M, and wish there was somewhere to ask questions and share experiences with fellow owners of this great glider or of other self-launchers with similar power plants. Is there?

Well, I see two Arcus M gliders registered in the US along with one Arcus T, so that is a pretty small group. Now, perhaps there is an international Google group, so you may want to contact Heinz or Monty at M&H to see if such a group exists for the Arcus M. Also, there is the Auxiliary-powered Sailplane Association that may be helpful to you....Enjoy your beautiful ship!
Old December 20th 12, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

On Thursday, December 20, 2012 12:52:24 AM UTC, Renny wrote:
On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 4:53:23 PM UTC-7, waremark wrote:

For a few years I have been flying an ASH 26. There is an active Google group for 26 owners which is enormously helpful. I have recently acquired an Arcus M, and wish there was somewhere to ask questions and share experiences with fellow owners of this great glider or of other self-launchers with similar power plants. Is there?

Well, I see two Arcus M gliders registered in the US along with one Arcus T, so that is a pretty small group. Now, perhaps there is an international Google group, so you may want to contact Heinz or Monty at M&H to see if such a group exists for the Arcus M. Also, there is the Auxiliary-powered Sailplane Association that may be helpful to you....Enjoy your beautiful ship!

Yes, I was hoping for an international group. Apparently mine is no 24 of 36 Arcus M's built up to October when I visited the factory. It is the first in the UK, although there are a few Arcus T's. I am really looking forward to next summer.

What is M & H?
Old December 20th 12, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Thursday, December 20, 2012 10:45:09 AM UTC-6, waremark wrote:

What is M & H?

The US Dealer for Schempp-Hirth. Renny must have suspected you were in the US!

Old December 20th 12, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, December 20, 2012 9:45:09 AM UTC-7, waremark wrote:
[...]

I am sorry about the confusion. M&H Soaring is the US dealer. Now, perhaps your UK dealer can help you out or maybe Biggo Berger or other folks at the S-H factory may have some information on this subject. If there is no existing group I guess you can always start one! Merry Christmas!
Old December 20th 12, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

On Thursday, December 20, 2012 5:21:54 PM UTC, wrote:
[...]

No problem. Biggo and the UK dealer Steve Jones have both given me good service. However, the ASH 26 group shows how much more useful stuff you can learn from other owners than you can easily get from the manufacturer, the dealer or the manual. If any other Arcus M owners happen to see this do get in touch and share experiences! (I looked at the ASA forum, and found just one interesting thread).
Old December 24th 12, 04:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 3:53:23 PM UTC-8, waremark wrote:
For a few years I have been flying an ASH 26. There is an active Google group for 26 owners which is enormously helpful.

Pick out 3 or 4 of the most likely ASH26E group participants, (please include Eric G. and myself*). Buy them a new Arcus M. The new Google group will be up and running in no time!

*I may not hold a candle to Eric, but I'll throw in a lifetime supply of MKIV yaw strings for your pretty glider!

BTW, thank you for the kind words about the ASH26E group, Eric does an amazing job of managing and contributing to it and I completely agree with you.

all the best,

bumper (just trying to help :c)

Old December 24th 12, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

On Monday, December 24, 2012 4:56:32 PM UTC, bumper wrote:
On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 3:53:23 PM UTC-8, waremark wrote:

For a few years I have been flying an ASH 26. There is an active Google group for 26 owners which is enormously helpful.

Pick out 3 or 4 of the most likely ASH26E group participants, (please include Eric G. and myself*). Buy them a new Arcus M. The new Google group will be up and running in no time!

*I may not hold a candle to Eric, but I'll throw in a lifetime supply of MKIV yaw strings for your pretty glider!

BTW, thank you for the kind words about the ASH26E group, Eric does an amazing job of managing and contributing to it and I completely agree with you.

all the best,

bumper (just trying to help :c)

Yes Eric has done and continues to do great work on the ASH26E group, and his Guide to Self Launching Sailplane Operation was a real help when I first bought the 26. But many others of you have contributed really useful stuff.. I hope to retain a half share of the 26 so I will be staying on the ASH26E group.
Old December 25th 12, 12:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

On 12/24/2012 1:18 PM, waremark wrote:
[...]

I agree with Waremark: many contributed to the website by submitting
detailed accounts of their improvements, operating methods, and
problems, including the diagnosing, solutions, and lots of pictures to
document things. Some also helped add to the "tech site", now at 120
pages of info and articles, or made suggestions for improvements to it.

And long before the website was started, Tom Serkowski moved us from
emails to a web group, improving communications.

We have members around the world, leading to a wide range of operating
environments and varied experiences that means someone, somewhere can
probably help you with your question or problem.

User groups can be very useful to the factories, as they can sometimes
see a problem developing months before a glider with it shows up in
their shop.

email me)
Old January 2nd 13, 10:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

On Tuesday, December 25, 2012 12:09:28 AM UTC, Eric Greenwell wrote:
[...]

I have set up a Google Group for people interested in owning, flying or maintaining an Arcus. If you know anyone interested in the Arcus please get them to join at https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...pp-hirth-arcus

Thanks, Mark Burton

New Lak-12 user group Chris Davison Soaring 0 January 16th 05 05:55 PM
Any Cardinal owners that frequent this group? Jack Allison Owning 6 November 17th 04 03:05 PM
LS4 user group Jeff Runciman Soaring 1 September 16th 04 08:46 PM
Any Aztec owners/flyers in the group? Jim Burns Owning 6 July 21st 04 03:47 PM
New email group for ASW-27 owners... Steve Koerner Soaring 1 October 13th 03 08:40 PM