wasp nest in aileron

Old May 10th 04, 06:56 PM
Ben Jackson

In article ,
Roger Halstead wrote:

When you get this many they nest anywhere they can find.
They like the crawfish holes along the ditch, but they will build
above ground as well. The things are terrible around here.

I know a guy who had so much trouble with them that he set up a long
row of traps along the edge of his property. I guess they're pheremone
based with some kind of opening that yellowjackets can't get out of.
His problem then was that the traps filled up so fast and then you have
to dispose of thousands of yellowjackets...

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Old May 11th 04, 03:59 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Roger Halstead wrote:

I used a whole case of "Wasp and Hornet Killer" two years ago. The
stuff that is advertised to shoot 25 feet. (You do need the distance).
The last two years the Local Lowe's outlet has been bringing the stuff
in by the semi load. It sells fast too:-))

Lowes. Wasp&Hornet Killer. Got it - thanks a bunch.

George Patterson
If you don't tell lies, you never have to remember what you said.
Old May 13th 04, 04:17 AM
Roger Halstead

On Tue, 11 May 2004 02:59:21 GMT, "G.R. Patterson III"
wrote:

Roger Halstead wrote:

I used a whole case of "Wasp and Hornet Killer" two years ago. The
stuff that is advertised to shoot 25 feet. (You do need the distance).
The last two years the Local Lowe's outlet has been bringing the stuff
in by the semi load. It sells fast too:-))

Lowes. Wasp&Hornet Killer. Got it - thanks a bunch.

There are several brands (and kinds) of Wasp and Hornet Killer sold
widely. Make sure you get the one(s) that shoot a stream about 25
feet. They also have some that is a foam you can use on nests (after
dark). Doesn't work worth a darn when they are chasing you.

The brand I purchased was "Spectracide" and I'm pretty sure "Black
Flag" makes something similar. Net wt is 15 oz. There's no sticker on
the can, but I believe it was $4. something.

Stuff works, but it can be like shooting skeet. I had a bunch of them
take exception to my desire to eliminate them. They were coming out
of a hole in the roof about head high (I was on a step ladder) and
headed straight for me. None made it, but I'd guess there were over
400 laying on the roof between me and the hole.

It's called a strong incentive to shoot straight.
Good Luck,

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

George Patterson
If you don't tell lies, you never have to remember what you said.

Cub aileron hinges minot piper e Aviation Marketplace 0 October 23rd 04 03:51 AM
FA: M18B Dromader Flap & Aileron BFC Aviation Marketplace 0 September 24th 04 04:29 PM
Zenith 601XL aileron VideoFlyer Home Built 0 June 1st 04 12:35 AM
Need aileron OSKI 3 Owning 0 September 15th 03 07:46 PM
Need Aileron OSKI 3 Aviation Marketplace 0 September 15th 03 07:45 PM