Cheap OX recomendations

Old December 4th 03, 03:10 PM
Guy Byars

Default Cheap OX recomendations

On a trip last week, we flew for 3 hours at 10,000ft. Afterward my wife
complained of fatigue and at times during the flight she complained that she
couldn't "get enough air". I am thinking that supplemental OX for her would
be helpful. I checked the Aerox systems and the other systems, but they
seem pricey.

Given that this is a comfort issue and not a safety issue and is only for a
passenger, are there any other cheap portable OX systems available. Medical
systems perhaps?

GB

Old December 4th 03, 05:22 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Guy Byars wrote:

Given that this is a comfort issue and not a safety issue and is only for a
passenger, are there any other cheap portable OX systems available. Medical
systems perhaps?

http://www.probuy.net/products/OXYGENPAC.html
http://www.avweb.com/news/aeromed/182584-1.html

George Patterson
Some people think they hear a call to the priesthood when what they really
hear is a tiny voice whispering "It's indoor work with no heavy lifting".
Old December 4th 03, 05:33 PM
Phil McAverty

"Guy Byars" wrote in message
On a trip last week, we flew for 3 hours at 10,000ft. Afterward my wife
complained of fatigue and at times during the flight she complained that

she
couldn't "get enough air". I am thinking that supplemental OX for her

would
be helpful. I checked the Aerox systems and the other systems, but they
seem pricey.

Given that this is a comfort issue and not a safety issue and is only for

passenger, are there any other cheap portable OX systems available.

Medical
systems perhaps?

If it was my wife and she was prepared to fly with me, then I would not
skimp on the cost. Besides which her comfort is definitely a safety issue
for me, my safety when we get home.

Old December 4th 03, 06:06 PM
Ron Natalie

"Guy Byars" wrote in message ...
On a trip last week, we flew for 3 hours at 10,000ft. Afterward my wife
complained of fatigue and at times during the flight she complained that she
couldn't "get enough air". I am thinking that supplemental OX for her would
be helpful. I checked the Aerox systems and the other systems, but they
seem pricey.

Precise Flight.Nelson makes a small bottle for just under $400. I picked one up for
my mechanic at Oshkosh last year. It's packaged as an "emergency" bottle but it
will run a single person for a reasonable duration. She wanted it small as she's
flying an RV4.

Old December 4th 03, 10:04 PM
Dashi

"Guy Byars" wrote in message
On a trip last week, we flew for 3 hours at 10,000ft. Afterward my wife
complained of fatigue and at times during the flight she complained that

she
couldn't "get enough air". I am thinking that supplemental OX for her

would
be helpful. I checked the Aerox systems and the other systems, but they
seem pricey.

Given that this is a comfort issue and not a safety issue and is only for

passenger, are there any other cheap portable OX systems available.

Medical
systems perhaps?

GB

I'd first check for carbon monoxide.

Dashi

Old December 4th 03, 10:08 PM
Guy Byars

GB

I'd first check for carbon monoxide.

Dashi

The other 3 occupants were fine.... myself included.

Old December 4th 03, 10:27 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Dashi wrote:

I'd first check for carbon monoxide.

That would affect everyone in the plane. It appears from the post that Guy had
no problems. CO also produces splitting headaches, which weren't mentioned.

Old December 5th 03, 12:03 AM
Michael

"Guy Byars" wrote
On a trip last week, we flew for 3 hours at 10,000ft. Afterward my wife
complained of fatigue and at times during the flight she complained that she
couldn't "get enough air". I am thinking that supplemental OX for her would
be helpful. I checked the Aerox systems and the other systems, but they
seem pricey.

Given that this is a comfort issue and not a safety issue and is only for a
passenger, are there any other cheap portable OX systems available. Medical
systems perhaps?

Your best bet is to check out a flymarket at a large fly-in - Oshkosh
and Sun&Fun are good options, but somethign more local may also work
for you. For example, I paid less than $100 for a used TWA walkaround
bottle - basically a bottle with strap and mask that was used by TWA
crew to move around in the event of depressurization. You might also
check out Ebay for something similar.

Michael
Old December 5th 03, 01:33 AM
David Lesher

Ed Gauss, an old Alaska bush pilot, used to explain his wife kept
awake & happy by playing a harmonica. It meant she breathed quite
a bit more than if idle, and that was enough to make the difference...
--
A host is a host from coast to
Old December 5th 03, 03:44 AM
G.R. Patterson III

David Lesher wrote:

Ed Gauss, an old Alaska bush pilot, used to explain his wife kept
awake & happy by playing a harmonica.

Thank God for ANR headsets!