Money grubbing FBO's

Old March 29th 07, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Newps

Default Speaking of Fuel Ripoffs...

Jay Honeck wrote:

Therefore, we have a 72 hour cancellation policy for all guests --
UNLESS you are pilot and conditions drop below 1000' and 3 miles
visibility along your route of flight. For those pilots -- and ONLY
for those pilots -- we allow you to cancel right up till 6 PM without
penalty. This is our "IFR Cancellation Policy."

It has to get below 1000 and 3? I live out west where an actual 10 mile
viz day really sucks. I'm not going anywhere at 1000/3. I'm not
setting off for the midwest if the viz is less than 10 east of the
Missouri, because that means the weather is about to be **** poor.

Old March 29th 07, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

It has to get below 1000 and 3? I live out west where an actual 10 mile
viz day really sucks. I'm not going anywhere at 1000/3. I'm not
setting off for the midwest if the viz is less than 10 east of the
Missouri, because that means the weather is about to be **** poor.

Hey, here in Iowa 1000 and 3 is doable. Remember, there's no high
terrain to hit here!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 29th 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Whiting

Newps wrote:

Jay Honeck wrote:

Therefore, we have a 72 hour cancellation policy for all guests --
UNLESS you are pilot and conditions drop below 1000' and 3 miles
visibility along your route of flight. For those pilots -- and ONLY
for those pilots -- we allow you to cancel right up till 6 PM without
penalty. This is our "IFR Cancellation Policy."

It has to get below 1000 and 3? I live out west where an actual 10 mile
viz day really sucks. I'm not going anywhere at 1000/3. I'm not
setting off for the midwest if the viz is less than 10 east of the
Missouri, because that means the weather is about to be **** poor.

In the northeast in the summer, 1000 and 3 is considered CAVU! :-)

Matt
Old March 29th 07, 11:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
David Lesher

"Jay Honeck" writes:

Hey, here in Iowa 1000 and 3 is doable. Remember, there's no high
terrain to hit here!

What about that tall corn? And beanstalks -- are they painted/strobed?

--
A host is a host from coast to
Old March 30th 07, 01:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dave[_5_]

Hey, here in Iowa 1000 and 3 is doable. Remember, there's no high
terrain to hit here!

....But there are tall towers. I remember navigating across Iowa under
a cieling and in crappy visibility using mainly pilotage (this was
before the day of GPS, and the only
VOR within range was OTS). Most of the towers were where they were
supposed to be, but one in particular (that we knew was out there) was
never spotted. Spooky.
I put in an ADF after that trip (and it came in handy a few times).

David Johnson

Old March 30th 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

In the northeast in the summer, 1000 and 3 is considered CAVU! :-)

Yeah, there are some hot, sticky days in August when there is so much
moisture in the air that it's like flying inside a ping-pong ball.
It's legal VFR, but it sure ain't pretty.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 30th 07, 08:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Montblack

("David Lesher" wrote)
What about that tall corn? And beanstalks -- are they painted/strobed?

"Knee high by the Fourth of July" is what the NOTAMs will read for Iowa.

Now, in Oklahoma it's a different story.
http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/lyrics/ohwhata.htm
"The corn is as high as an elephant's eye,
An' it looks like it's climbin' clear up to the sky."

Montblack

Old March 30th 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
NTurk

Default Money grubbing FBO's

On Mar 26, 11:11 am, "Matt Barrow"
wrote:

Same thing happened at RAP; when Rapid Fuels opened, WestJet dropped their
price about $0.75 to $1.00 a gallon after having a nice monopoly for quite
some time.

How would you know?You are not even a pilot, you're a construction
worker.Do you use av gas otj?

Old March 30th 07, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Gig 601XL Builder

NTurk wrote:
On Mar 26, 11:11 am, "Matt Barrow"
wrote:

Same thing happened at RAP; when Rapid Fuels opened, WestJet dropped
their price about $0.75 to $1.00 a gallon after having a nice
monopoly for quite some time.

How would you know?You are not even a pilot, you're a construction
worker.Do you use av gas otj?

Matt has been around here a while. Who the hell are you?

Old March 30th 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
NTurk

On Mar 30, 8:09 am, "Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net
wrote:

Matt has been around here a while. Who the hell are you?

"Gig"' , and just who the hell might you be? And why is it that you
would want to know who the hell it is that I am? Do you ask others on
Usenet this question. Can I not be who I am without a long
distingushed history on Google? You cut me to the quick, "Gig", but I
would respectfully submit that you are presenting quite the paradox in
that a person must have an identity to post here, but he cannot have
an identity without having posted here "AWHILE". How long have you
been here? What are your qualifications to post here?

Newton Turk
Chief Test Pilot
NASA Dryden Reseach Center