Unusual classified ad

Old August 4th 05, 05:11 AM
Adam Aulick

Default Unusual classified ad

I saw the following ad in the lower-right corner of page 141 in the
August, 2005 issue of "EAA Sport Aviation", and I thought I'd share it
here in case anybody was hungry.

Wanted: Older 2-4 place high wing aircraft in flyable condition. Will
trade for bison or meat. 651-345-xxxx after 6 p.m.

That's a lot of meat!
Old August 4th 05, 03:02 PM
Jim Burns

Interesting marketing idea. What would you bet that he'd value his bison or
meat at full retail and value your airplane at less than wholesale?

We're about to have a cattle sale here Aug 27. All registered Angus, about
175 head. I'll trade all of them for a new Bonanza A36.
OR
If your backyard isn't fenced, I'll give you the potatoes from 40 acres,
about 40 semi loads.
OR
If you need corn, how about 450 acres worth, over 90 semi loads.

Heck, I'd even keep your names a listed insured on the Bonanza. )

Jim

Old August 4th 05, 04:14 PM
Adam Aulick

Wow, bison meat is expensive! This e-bay ad
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4357244827&ssPageName= MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr2_PcY_BIN_Stores

has somebody asking approx. 10 bucks a pound! If we figure he's trading
at retail for a $15,000 clapped-out Cessna 152, that's only 3/4 ton of
meat! And here I was thinking I didn't have a big enough basement to
hold the necessary freezers....

What's a live adult bison go for? The National Bison Association says
they have a wider diet than cattle.
http://www.bisoncentral.com/index.php?s=&c=63&d=73&a=1022&w=2&r=Y
If they eat honeysuckle and sumac shoots maybe I could support a couple
in my back yard instead of buying all those freezers.

But I'll have to turn you down on the potatoes, corn, and herd of Angus
-- you can't get a semi down my back alley, and I'm not sure the wife
would agree anyhow.

Old August 4th 05, 04:33 PM
Dave

There is this fondue place in Saratoga, CA (Part of San Jose, Silicon
Valley)

They offer all kinds of different meats including Alligator and Buffalo. I
have to say, the Buffalo meat was MUCH tastier than regular ol cow meat.
Its also supposed to be very healthy for you. Healthier anyway.

If you get a chance, check out La Fondue in Saratoga.

Dave

Old August 4th 05, 05:57 PM
Montblack

"Nathan Young"
Wanted: Older 2-4 place high wing aircraft in flyable condition. Will
trade for bison or meat. 651-345-xxxx after 6 p.m.

That is hilarious!

Except when you've given up your Tri-Pacer, only to get Beefalo in return.

http://www.ababeefalo.org/

Hold out for moose meat. Best meat I've *ever* eaten. Not elk - moose!!

Montblack
Old August 4th 05, 06:26 PM
George Patterson

Adam Aulick wrote:

What's a live adult bison go for?

Well, they have pretty poor eyesight, but I hear they'll go after about anything
that they become aware of. :-)

George Patterson
Old August 4th 05, 06:47 PM
Matt Barrow

"Dave" wrote in message
There is this fondue place in Saratoga, CA (Part of San Jose, Silicon
Valley)

They offer all kinds of different meats including Alligator and Buffalo.

have to say, the Buffalo meat was MUCH tastier than regular ol cow meat.
Its also supposed to be very healthy for you. Healthier anyway.

If you get to the area, check out the Custer State Game Lodge, Custer, SD
(in the shadow of Mt. Rushmore) for the buffalo steak. The herds roam the
grounds (literally!! I almost hit one with the car. It's hard enough
explaining hitting a deer or elk, but try explaining hitting a buffalo to
your insurance agent.)

http://www.custerresorts.com/menu.asp?id=1

(All sorts of "Yummy" noises!!)
--
Matt
---------------------

Old August 4th 05, 06:48 PM
Matt Barrow

"Montblack" wrote in message
"Nathan Young"
Wanted: Older 2-4 place high wing aircraft in flyable condition. Will
trade for bison or meat. 651-345-xxxx after 6 p.m.

That is hilarious!

Except when you've given up your Tri-Pacer, only to get Beefalo in return.

http://www.ababeefalo.org/

Hold out for moose meat. Best meat I've *ever* eaten. Not elk - moose!!

Caribou!! :~)

Old August 4th 05, 06:49 PM
Matt Barrow

"George Patterson" wrote in message
Adam Aulick wrote:

What's a live adult bison go for?

Well, they have pretty poor eyesight, but I hear they'll go after about

anything
that they become aware of. :-)

Especially after about five beers during Happy Hour!