New Soaring Classified Ads

Old October 26th 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default New Soaring Classified Ads

Hi,

In an effort to support the soaring community, I have created a new Soaring
Classified Ads page. All ads are free. I will accept up to 3 photos with
each item submitted.

http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/classifieds.htm

The site is new so there isn't much to see there yet. Please send me data
on your used items. I anticipate that it will be a valuable resource with
much traffic - as items are added over time. I have always enjoyed looking
through photos of used gliders and equipment on other web sites.

I have made the site as well organized as possible to make it easy to find
what you are looking for quickly and easily.

Sold items will be removed promptly to reduce clutter and confusion.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

Old October 27th 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bullwinkle

Isn't the soaring community already very well supported in this area by
Wings and Wheels, and the SSA classifieds?

Methinks someone's just trying to boost traffic to his web site, not provide
a service to fill a gaping need in the glider pilot support network. =;-)

Do what you do best: provide comparative charts for PDA's and radios and
cradles and gliding software (all of which boost sales), also your unique
ability to assist with making GPS/logger X work with PDA Y and power supply
Z etc (which you do better than anyone else, and it boosts your sales), also
your excellent instructional CD's (which boost sales).

Don't try to steal your fellow-Minnesotan's book business, or Wings and
Wheels uniquely useful classifieds, or anybody else's special niche. Try to
avoid becoming the Wal-Mart of gliding.

JMHO,
Respectfully,
Someone who has purchased from you, and Tim, and Tom and Doris, and Bob, and
the folks in Hobbs, many times in the past. And no, I don't have my own web
site, so I'm not worried about competition.

Old October 27th 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Bullwinkle wrote:
Isn't the soaring community already very well supported in this area by
Wings and Wheels, and the SSA classifieds?

The community is already well served for GLIDER classified adds, but
not so much for general soaring related equipment. Wings and wheels
for example does not allow classified adds for used instruments etc.
which would compete with his other business. I am hoping that Paul's
intention is to allow adds for, say used Ipaqs, ipaq mounts, varios,
etc. even if he sells the same stuff on his website. That would be a
useful niche.

Old October 27th 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Yep. I will list all things that are soaring related.

Paul Remde

wrote in message
ups.com...

Old October 27th 06, 03:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

Am I trying to increase traffic to my site? Yes, of course I am.

Will I work hard to make my site a valuable resource? Yes!

Do I think that my site will be easier to use and "better" in the long run.
Yes! But only time will tell.

I think the Wal-Mart analogy is poor. I do want to offer everything you
need under one roof, but I work very hard to make my site a very information
rich shopping experience. My sincere goal is to help customers figure out
which products are the best match for their particular needs.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old October 27th 06, 04:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Ya the Wal-Mart thing isn't a good anology, just how much glider stuff
is from China in a hurry to get into a landfill.

Old October 27th 06, 05:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jack

Bullwinkle wrote:
Isn't the soaring community already very well supported in this area by
Wings and Wheels, and the SSA classifieds?

By Tim Mara's Wings and Wheels? You bet! By SSA's classifieds? Not so
much (too slow responding, mostly). Either way, competition improves the
breed. Paul has as much right to offer this service as does Tim, and his
unique approach will be of benefit, I am sure. I am a customer of both
gentlemen, and in fact bought my first glider from a Wings and Wheels
ad, and bought my second glider from an SSA ad. Who knows where my third
may come from (though I doubt I'll need another)?

Bring it on, Paul, and all you other entrepreneurs. Isn't that the
American way?

Jack