Airbus Autoland Incident - Classified Video Leaked to Internet

Old December 20th 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default Airbus Autoland Incident - Classified Video Leaked to Internet

This post is spam!! The video presented is actually for a Norwegian
beer commercial and taken using a scale model of a plane.

-Robert

Old December 20th 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Greg Farris writes:

... then plays a tape of "My Way", which the French believe
to be originally a French song.

It was. The original music and French lyrics were written by Claude
François, Jacques Revaux, and Gilles Thibault.

The American lyrics were written in a single evening by Paul Anka,
specifically for Frank Sinatra. I think the American lyrics are
vastly better than the French lyrics (which are very depressing).
Certainly the Frank Sinatra version is much more popular than the
original, outside of France.

Old December 20th 06, 10:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
ups.com...
This post is spam!! The video presented is actually for a Norwegian
beer commercial and taken using a scale model of a plane.

-Robert

It's not spam, the meat or the online advertising variety. It also isn't a
real aircraft event though I'm not sure it's a scale model.

Old December 20th 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Chris W

Robert M. Gary wrote:
This post is spam!! The video presented is actually for a Norwegian
beer commercial and taken using a scale model of a plane.

It most certainly is not a scale flying model. It is just video
editing. No mater what the scale, what happened in that video would not
happen in real life.

--
Chris W
KE5GIX

"Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM,
learn more at http://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm"

Gift Giving Made Easy
Get the gifts you want &
give the gifts they want
One stop wish list for any gift,
from anywhere, for any occasion!
http://thewishzone.com
Old December 20th 06, 11:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote in message

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
ups.com...
This post is spam!! The video presented is actually for a Norwegian
beer commercial and taken using a scale model of a plane.

It's not spam, the meat or the online advertising variety. It also isn't a
real aircraft event though I'm not sure it's a scale model.

LOL! I wish my Jeep had that kind of suspension.

-c

Old December 21st 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Danny Deger

That was one UGLY landing.

Danny Deger

Old December 21st 06, 06:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Greg Farris

Airbus Autoland Incident - Classified Video Leaked to Internet

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xl2...rissage-muscle

This incident was never reported in the press - the amateur video was
seized and classified by French authorities, but has now been leaked
through the internet.

As in all Airbus landings, the crew of this A320 had no control over the
aircraft. They were just along for the ride as the plane did its thing,
with the result you can clearly see. After landing like this, it is
widely known that Airbus aircraft make an automatic arrival announcement
on the PA (which the crew must listen to as well, to find out where the
plane took them) then plays a tape of "My Way", which the French believe
to be originally a French song.

It is unknown whether there were injuries - or worse - in this
incident. It may be suspected that all of the passengers were given gag
orders by Airbus operatives in the requisite cover-up, and will not
likely be forthcoming with any information of their harrowing ordeal.

Old December 21st 06, 11:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Duncan (NZ)

In article . com,
says...
This post is spam!! The video presented is actually for a Norwegian
beer commercial and taken using a scale model of a plane.

Hey don't tell Greg that!!!

--
Duncan
Old December 21st 06, 04:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

Mxsmanic wrote:
It was. The original music and French lyrics were written by Claude
François, Jacques Revaux, and Gilles Thibault.

The American lyrics were written in a single evening by Paul Anka,
specifically for Frank Sinatra. I think the American lyrics are
vastly better than the French lyrics (which are very depressing).
Certainly the Frank Sinatra version is much more popular than the
original, outside of France.

Congrats Mxs!... You have finally identified a subject area in which
you are obviously quite well versed. Unfortunately, it is in the wrong
forum : (