Living In Fear Abroad - Welcome to Bush & Blair's More DangerousWorld

Old March 18th 04, 06:46 PM
Alan Minyard

Default Living In Fear Abroad - Welcome to Bush & Blair's More DangerousWorld

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 11:25:51 GMT, Vince Brannigan wrote:

Stephen Harding wrote:

Vince Brannigan wrote:

Stephen Harding wrote:

You're a law guy Vince, on what grounds does any UN action
rest? Majority vote of a largely non-elected group of
world "representatives" (I use the term extremely loosely)?

It's a house of cards! A mirage! An institution that I
once believed had value primarily in its humanitarian efforts.
I now wonder if even that much can be granted to the
organizaton.

It's charter is the law of the land in the USA

Meaning UN authority is legally binding "law" in the USA?

I'll agree the principles of the Charter are incorporated in
various form into the US Constitution (for the most part). But
the mechanism of UN action can hardly make those actions truly
binding on the US.

If it can, we're wasting an awful lot of time and money on
Presidents and Congressional delegations.

US Constitution

Article. VI.

Clause 2: This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which
shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which
shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the
supreme Law of the Land;

Got the idea?

Vince

Gee, Vince, why don't you write a letter to the nice Osama guy and tell
him that he is in violation of the law, and would he please cease and
desist?? I am sure that he would gladly forgo violence once the great
"professor" told him to.

Al Minyard
Old March 22nd 04, 06:20 PM
Matt Wiser

"Paul J. Adam" wrote:
In message ,
Chad Irby
writes
In article ,
"Paul J. Adam"

wrote:

Bear in mind that al-Qaeda was vehemently

opposed to Saddam's regime:

A contention, while sounding interesting, that

has never actually been
proven by any texts or quotes.

What, bin-Laden's own fatwas don't count?

Meanwhile, we keep finding lots of indications

that AQ *did* work in
Iraq with no official impediments.

The only evidence I'm aware of to date was an
*opposition* terrorist
camp in Kurdish territory, outside Hussein's
control and opposed to him:
not exactly what I'd call decisive truth.

--
When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing
to be polite.

W S Churchill

What about Zarqari getting medical care in Baghdad after getting run out
of Afghanistan? Iraqi providing help to an AQ agent on the run seems pretty
helpful to me.

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
Living In Fear Abroad - Welcome to Bush & Blair's More Dangerous World Matt Wiser Military Aviation 1 March 18th 04 06:41 PM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM