Great bit of video

Old March 22nd 04, 08:01 AM
John Mullen

Default Great bit of video

http://www.moveon.org/censure/caughtonvideo/

Old March 23rd 04, 10:42 AM
Stephen Leslie

Hi John,

I'd be grateful in future if you could point out if your issue is
politically related, as this group is really for aviation specific topics
and has no baring on me as I live in Bonnie Scotland.

Thankyou.
Stephen

Old March 23rd 04, 05:54 PM
John Mullen

"Stephen Leslie" wrote in message
Hi John,

I'd be grateful in future if you could point out if your issue is
politically related, as this group is really for aviation specific topics
and has no baring on me as I live in Bonnie Scotland.

Thankyou.
Stephen

Hi Stephen

Nice to meet a fellow Scot in this forum. As you rightly point out, this
group is for aviation specific topics. Actually, it is specifically for
military aviation topics. Hence the name rec.aviation.military.

However, I think you may agree that the military part of that impinges upon
politics, and vice versa. If you took the trouble to view the video on

http://www.moveon.org/censure/caughtonvideo/

, for example, you will see that it reveals Rumsfeld being caught on TV
lying about the false claims his (and our!) government made to enmesh us in
the current war on Iraq. Not content with lying about the reasons for the
war a year ago, the neo-cons which run both countries are now trying to
rewrite history and deny the reasons they gave to justify the war at the
time.

As you may be aware, military aviation was very heavily involved in the
unnecessary and unproductive war that resulted from those lies. This, in my
view, makes it a legitimate posting. I am confident there will be many here
who agree.

HTH

John

Old March 23rd 04, 06:47 PM
Stephen Leslie

Hi John,

Okay, so your post has some revelance to this group, however I feel you
could do better than your opening post description of 'Great bit of video',
then a direct url link.

Your reply should have been your opener and your subject heading more like
'Rumsfeld being caught on TV lying', as this provides a lot more infomation
as to what your topic is about (and I would have just ignored it).

As to watching the footage, I began to but I am only on dial-up and my pc
would only show the 1st opening 3secs before problems arose. Have to say I
was expecting a video clip of the Blue Angels or a recent airshow.

Take care anyway and have a good week.
Stephen
Edinburgh
PS. We have enough problems with the costs of the new parliament which began
around 40m and now over 420 rising!

Old March 23rd 04, 08:06 PM
John Mullen

[...]

Fair point. At risk of going seriously OT, I agree with you that our new
parliament has been a disgraceful waste of resources.

John
Edinburgh

Old March 23rd 04, 09:21 PM
Stephen Leslie

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply and seeing you are in Edinburgh as well (the web
really is a smaller place), I also make model aircraft like Airfix kits and
if you are interested the Lothian Modellers Club/Edinburgh IPMS meet up on
the 3rd Thursday every month at te Royal Engineers Club in Great King Street
at around 7.30-8pm if you are interested.

Also, my other hobby is photography and if in Princess St, you will find me
in my little booth at the Scots Monument, as I needed a break from my
previous job at Jessops, so feel free to pop in as I am there most days and
weekends, though it closes at 2.30 until 1st April when its open till 6pm
(groan).

As to our wonderful parliament I will never understand why we never chose a
home-grown architect in the first place?

Cheers,
Stephen

Old March 23rd 04, 09:21 PM
John Mullen

"John Mullen" wrote in message
"Stephen Leslie" wrote in message
Hi John,

Okay, so your post has some revelance to this group, however I feel you
could do better than your opening post description of 'Great bit of

video',
then a direct url link.

Your reply should have been your opener and your subject heading more

like
'Rumsfeld being caught on TV lying', as this provides a lot more

infomation
as to what your topic is about (and I would have just ignored it).

As to watching the footage, I began to but I am only on dial-up and my

pc
would only show the 1st opening 3secs before problems arose. Have to say

was expecting a video clip of the Blue Angels or a recent airshow.

Just thought. Why were you even trying to d/l video on a dial-up?!

Get broadband!

John

turbo video Peter Holm Aerobatics 13 September 29th 04 11:31 PM
In-Flight Video Ron Wanttaja Home Built 11 May 16th 04 06:11 AM
Why is Melissa Morrison the *STAR* of the video... X98 Military Aviation 1 March 20th 04 08:39 PM
FS: Antique & Vintage Aircraft Gauges, etc TBBlakeley Aviation Marketplace 0 October 16th 03 01:50 PM