Microsoft Space Simulator

Old March 8th 04, 07:20 PM
Michael Morris

Default Microsoft Space Simulator

I've just been rummaging through my loft I've found a copy of this
great early space flight simulator from Microsoft. It does come with
some great scenarios like docking a spacecraft with the space station
from 2001 and loads of Apollo docking and landing scenarios. It comes
with full musical accompaniment too including the Blue Danube!
Issued in 1994 this was the last DOS game issued by Microsoft.

It comes in its original box with all the manuals.

£10 plus postage.

contact:
Old March 8th 04, 08:57 PM
Peter Duniho

"John Doe" wrote in message
Off topic spam.

lol...

Sure, it's an annoying advertisement. But it's not off-topic, nor does it
meet the commonly agreed-upon technical criteria for spam, having been
posted to just the one newsgroup (unless it was multi-posted, but I doubt
even in that case if it wound up on enough newsgroups to be called "spam").

You're pretty funny. Brand new to the newsgroup, posting under a fake name,
and you've decided you're the official news-cop already. You're not even
that good at it.

Thanks for the giggle.

Pete

Old March 9th 04, 01:22 AM
Debug

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 12:57:40 -0800, "Peter Duniho"
wrote:

lol...

Sure, it's an annoying advertisement. But it's not off-topic, nor does it
meet the commonly agreed-upon technical criteria for spam, having been
posted to just the one newsgroup (unless it was multi-posted, but I doubt
even in that case if it wound up on enough newsgroups to be called "spam").

You're pretty funny. Brand new to the newsgroup, posting under a fake name,
and you've decided you're the official news-cop already. You're not even
that good at it.

Thanks for the giggle.

Pete

Maybe so. But this sim is avaialble for free downlaod at the
underdogs. :-)
Old March 9th 04, 07:02 AM
gc

How about a FREE, OpenGL, multi-platform, current and active, open
source Space Simulator (that is unbelievable with the lights off in
the room)?

http://www.shatters.net/celestia/

I have Microsoft Space Simulator in my closet somewhere, on (3) disks,
and it's pretty lame compared to Celestia.

-- greenchileNM

(If you want the disks (+ original manual), send me $32 (+ shipping
and handling))
Old March 9th 04, 08:46 AM
John Doe

"Peter Duniho" wrote
"John Doe" wrote

Off topic spam.

lol...

Sure, it's an annoying advertisement.

That is what the author uses Usenet for.

But it's not off-topic,

My understanding is that "aviation" refers to aircraft, not spacecraft.
It's close but not quite IMO.

nor does it meet the commonly agreed-upon technical criteria for spam,
having been posted to just the one newsgroup (unless it was
multi-posted, but I doubt even in that case if it wound up on enough
newsgroups to be called "spam").

Every ISP newsgroup AUP I have read explicitly says advertising is to be
kept in "forsale" groups. The author makes it a habit.

You're pretty funny.

You are a half decent troll, IMO.

Brand new to the newsgroup, posting under a fake name, and you've
decided you're the official news-cop already.

That's not really possible here on Usenet.

You're not even that good at it.

Not good at doing something you imagine.

Thanks for the giggle.

Pete

From: "Peter Duniho"
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.simulators
Subject: Microsoft Space Simulator
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 12:57:40 -0800

Old March 9th 04, 08:28 PM
Debug

On 8 Mar 2004 23:02:10 -0800, (gc) wrote:

How about a FREE, OpenGL, multi-platform, current and active, open
source Space Simulator (that is unbelievable with the lights off in
the room)?

http://www.shatters.net/celestia/

It has no space craft to fly. Orbitier is another freeware space
simulator and it has craft to fly also.
Old June 11th 04, 06:29 PM
Quilljar

Anyone ever download and run this one "Space Combat" it's a free

simulator. Win,mac,Linux
http://www.x-plane.com/SpaceCombat.html

I have now, but it seems a bit too techie for my fun. Typical Intellectual
Austen work. It talkes a special kind of fan for his stuff. I am sure my 12
yr old grandson will love it when he comes to stay. So I will keep it for
him on my HD . Many thanks :-)