Commercial Rating Question

Old July 3rd 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Jose[_1_]

Default Commercial Rating Question

Well, at least long enough to accumulate 250 hours of flight time, 50 hours
of cross-country PIC time, a 300-mile solo cross-country flight, etc.

Jay's kids probably have that already.

Jose
--
The monkey turns the crank and thinks he's making the music.
Old July 3rd 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Steven Barnes

Do you have a 2 hour, 100NM VFR, Dual x-c? Another one at night? I had to
burn those up for the CPL. Bah.

"Peter" wrote in message

I will be doing my FAA commercial (SE) in the winter (Phoenix
probably); it seems to me that the requirements I had to have for the
FAA PPL+IR would meet the CPL requirements too.

I can read the FAR/AIM but are there any "gotchas" to watch for?

Old July 4th 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Jose[_1_]

So, I got to burn a couple hundred bucks of Avgas to get the 300NM
(250NM one leg) *SOLO* X/C out of the way.

Now, I'm just trying to get another 5 hours of complex time in for the total
of 10.

Why not do them at once?

Jose
--
The monkey turns the crank and thinks he's making the music.
Old July 4th 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Steven Barnes

To rent the Arrow (without an instructor) at a nearby field, I need 10 hours
in type. So, I'm instructor locked for the 10 hours anyway. Had I actually
used my brain, I would have done the 100NM dual VFR X/C's in the Arrow.
Coulda burned up 4 hours that way.
I used some old block time in a Diamond Star for the 2 dual X/C. Bah.
Hindsight...

.com...

Old July 5th 06, 03:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Judah

Jose wrote in
. com:

Well, at least long enough to accumulate 250 hours of flight time, 50
hours of cross-country PIC time, a 300-mile solo cross-country flight,
etc.

Jay's kids probably have that already.

Jose

Yeah, but if Jay or his wife were CFIs, Jay's kids would already have the
other qualifications as well. As it is, I suspect with someone like Jay's
kids, the 2 x 2 hour flights with a CFI sitting next to them would be just
for the sake of paying a CFI for his time, and would serve no added benefit
to them as Commercial Students...

Old July 5th 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Jose[_1_]

Yeah, but if Jay or his wife were CFIs, Jay's kids would already have the
other qualifications as well.

Point is, it may well be possible to walk in as a student pilot and walk
out that same day as a commercial pilot. It might be impractical for
most, but not impossible. The only possible catch I see is that 161.129
specifies "must log at least...100 hours of pilot in command flight
time". But student pilot solo time is loggable as pilot in command, and
it is flight time. In addition, a student pilot, when flying solo, IS
pilot in command.

Jose
--
The monkey turns the crank and thinks he's making the music.
Old July 5th 06, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Denny

Steve, this is a topic I have pontificated upon before... You need two
logs...

One OFFICIAL log which shows only the date, airports, # of landings,
etc... But has no personal information of any kind.. This is the book
you use for dealing with officialdom...

The other is the braggin book, this one lists who was there, who threw
up, pictures and souvenier tickets, and so on...

denny

Steven Barnes wrote:
I came up short on all 3 commercial X/C's.