wave over Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and W Pennsylvania today

Old May 5th 04, 12:14 AM
Bob Mowry

Default wave over Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and W Pennsylvania today

Anyone else notice this on today's visible satellite images/their ride
home from work? I was looking at:

http://wwwghcc.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/goeseastconus.html

and it seems like this started to form later in the day and covered a
decent part of each of these states. I'm wondering if this wave was
induced by cloud street formation? Certainly given the lack of
geographic features in that part of the country it wasn't due to
mountains. I've noticed this once before this spring.

I don't think there's anyway to access an archive of today's visible
satellite images so I can't save away the little animated movie that
I'm looking at right now (1km resolution). If anyone knows a place
where these images are archived I'd love to get a link there.

It would probably also be difficult to get a tow to 20k feet in order
to try them out - however I have no idea exactly how high those clouds
really are.

-bob
Old May 5th 04, 03:06 PM
Bob

I noticed them yesterday afternoon on the way home from work (Detroit
suburbs)and wondered whether they were wave or really well defined
cloud streets with rounded tops. They were aligned with the wind
direction which led me to think that they were the latter.

Bob

Unruly Passengers SelwayKid Piloting 88 June 5th 04 08:35 AM
Need Pre-Buy Shop in Michigan or Ohio Roger Halstead Owning 0 July 14th 03 08:30 PM