ClearNav CNv public beta available

Old November 22nd 16, 06:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default ClearNav CNv public beta available

At the usual place... http://www.clearnav.net/main/cn-downloads.html

The new feature set is described here http://tinyurl.com/zdz2jrq

Good Soaring and best regards,

Evan Ludeman for CNi
Old November 22nd 16, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean[_2_]

How long do these versions typically remain beta? Would love to use this in Oz if stable.
Old November 22nd 16, 11:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 2:17:01 PM UTC-5, Sean wrote:
How long do these versions typically remain beta? Would love to use this in Oz if stable.

Usually it stays Beta until tested by a group of us that act as test dummies.
Some revisions do have problems that need feedback and fixing. This commonly gets done pretty quickly when issues are fed back.
I'd suggest looking at the feature improvements and deciding if you think they will be useful.
Note- you can always go back to the earlier version you have if there is a real problem. Keep the earlier version on a spare update stick.
Obviously test before race day. We do this at Perry almost every year.
Good luck
UH
Old November 23rd 16, 12:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean[_2_]

Thanks UH.
Old November 23rd 16, 01:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 2:17:01 PM UTC-5, Sean wrote:
How long do these versions typically remain beta? Would love to use this in Oz if stable.

This beta has been quite well tested already, no issues, and should be designated as a regular release soon. We would recommend you fly with 3.5.4155 as long as you have a chance to configure and test well ahead of time.

best,
Evan Ludeman for CNi
Old November 23rd 16, 07:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Cochrane[_3_]

I'm seeing flarm targets but all the tail numbers are wrong. Is anyone else gauging this problem with
Cn flarm display?
John cochrane.
Old November 23rd 16, 01:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Wednesday, November 23, 2016 at 1:33:24 AM UTC-5, John Cochrane wrote:
I'm seeing flarm targets but all the tail numbers are wrong. Is anyone else gauging this problem with
Cn flarm display?
John cochrane.

Hi John,

You're saying the tac flarm display tail numbers are wrong on CN2?

The reason is almost certainly that CN2 is displaying the last 2 digits of the flarm radio ID. And the reason for that is the flarm being received isn't in the flarmnet database you have loaded, in which case CN2 falls back to the radio ID.

On at least on one occasion, I am about 85% certain the database I d/l'ed from flarmnet was corrupted. They (flarm, flarmnet, et al) don't make this stuff easy to check on the ground....

best,
Evan Ludeman for CNi
Old November 24th 16, 01:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Cochrane[_3_]

Evan:
Thanks. I didn't know about the tail number issue. Likely most of the gliders around williams were not in flarmnet which would explain it. I'll get out with a known good flarm and see if I get a good tail number. Look forward to the beta. CN/CNV working really nicely in weak wave on our last flight. But someday I hope to nudge you guys to putting in the wind-based mac cready corrections..
John

FLARM 2.79 beta Andy[_1_] Soaring 0 April 29th 13 03:57 PM
XCSoar 6.6 beta Max Kellermann[_2_] Soaring 2 April 18th 13 02:49 PM
New public alpha for ClearNav Display Evan Ludeman[_4_] Soaring 5 November 5th 12 12:45 PM
PowerFLARM 2.60 beta available [email protected] Soaring 7 November 2nd 12 01:11 AM
America Wills Justice as Freedom for Our Stays The Rightardstates 'No Public Option! No Public Option!' Daryl Naval Aviation 0 May 14th 12 04:40 AM