Bendix King AV8OR - Help Needed

Old May 14th 09, 05:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Bendix King AV8OR - Help Needed

Hi,

Are there any glider pilots out there using the Bendix King AV8OR unit? I
ask because I need help getting my unit's supplied SD card back to its
original configuration.

It is a great product! I have been testing it with SeeYou Mobile for PNA.
You can see my review of it he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/pda.h...mparison_Guide

However, when I installed SeeYou Mobile onto the SD card that was supplied
with the unit, it overwrote a bunch of settings which are required for
running the unit's built-in general aviation navigation and street
navigation software. I am trying to get support from the company I
purchased the unit from, but unfortunately Bendix King does not seem to
allow customers to contact them directly. I just need to download and
install a new set of files onto the SD card. Their web site FAQs imply that
I would need to get a new SD card from my dealer for $169 or so. The high
price is due to the fact that it includes maps of the Americas. It seems
ridiculous to me that I can't simply download the files to the SD card and
move on.

I should have installed SeeYou Mobile onto a different SD card. I made the
poor assumption that the Mobile installation would not affect the files
already on the card. When I install the Mobile files onto a different SD
card, it work great. But I would like to get the built-in features working
again.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

Old May 14th 09, 02:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

I learned from Naviter that I should only need to replace 2 files on my
AV8OR's factory supplied SD card. If anyone out there has an AV8OR they
should be able to e-mail the 2 files to me. Since they are .exe program
files, it would be best if they were either put into a zip file, or their
file extensions were manually changed to .txt.

In the GoFly folder I need the GoFly.exe file.

In the GoDrive folder I need the igo_pna.exe file.

Those 2 files were replaced by files that run the SeeYou Mobile and
ConnectMe applications instead of the general aviation navigation and street
navigation programs.

I hope someone can help me out.

Paul Remde

Old May 14th 09, 11:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

Never mind the information below. Bendix King told my dealer that I need to
return the entire unit for warranty replacement. That is silly since it
only needs a few files on the SD card. I they had a support phone number or
e-mail address on their web site I'd contact them and try to work it out,
but they don't. They require all support to go through their dealers. That
policy just cost them a lot of money and me a few weeks without my new toy.

Paul Remde

Old May 15th 09, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/pda.h...e_Comparison_G....

[...]

Hi Paul. I can possibly help if you like. I had the same problem - I
tried to update the Pacific Map DB off their website onto a US SD
card, and corrupted the date.. so now I have 2 SD cards (yes, Bendix
sent me one when I complained bitterly). So I have a spare, and am
going to try this other software.

If you still need files, let me know.

STuart

Bendix/King survey Jim Burns Owning 1 May 9th 06 03:11 AM
Bendix/King KT-76A installation manual needed HECTOP Owning 0 June 11th 04 08:11 PM
Bendix/King KT-76A installation manual needed HECTOP Piloting 0 June 11th 04 08:11 PM
Bendix King GPS Updates Matthew Waugh Instrument Flight Rules 1 August 5th 03 06:11 PM
Bendix King GPS Updates Matthew Waugh Owning 1 August 5th 03 06:11 PM