LXSIM problem

Old March 24th 13, 03:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sam Zimmerman

Default LXSIM problem

Has anyone mastered the LXsim program? I have loaded the North American
database but can't get the simulator aircraft to leave Slovakia. I loaded
Perry TPs and a task, have tried "starting" the task, but get nothing but a
flight near Celjic(?). Any pointers would be appreciated.

Old March 24th 13, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Maybe getting a local GPS fix which will be stored in your initialization
file(s). At least that's how it (looks like it) works with XCSoar.

I found, with XCSoar, that it started off somewhere in Europe. Running it
on my PC, I boosted the speed to about 7,000 Kts and "flew" it to New
Mexico. Pretty tedious! But, I found that, when I ran it on my Streak with
a GPS fix, it flew locally. I transferred my data files to my PC (IIRC) and
it worked in the states.

I don't know if you can do likewise with your LX, but it might be worth a
try.

Old March 24th 13, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Muttley

On Sunday, March 24, 2013 3:06:13 PM UTC, Sam Zimmerman wrote:
Has anyone mastered the LXsim program? I have loaded the North American

database but can't get the simulator aircraft to leave Slovakia. I loaded

Perry TPs and a task, have tried "starting" the task, but get nothing but a

flight near Celjic(?). Any pointers would be appreciated.

Hi

Go to Program Files/LXNAV/LXSim/Data

rename the earth.cit file into something like oldearth.cit

copy the .cit file from your region into this same location and
rename it earth.cit

That is the way i got my simulator to work on my own local area (Ireland)
to fly tasks etc.

Mottley
Old March 24th 13, 09:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

I was not able to make it work in portrait mode - the bottom row of buttons is not available. Have others had this problem?

Old March 25th 13, 12:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Sunday, March 24, 2013 4:46:22 PM UTC-7, Sam Zimmerman wrote:
where would I find a .cit file for my region? "Muttley" wrote in message ... On Sunday, March 24, 2013 3:06:13 PM UTC, Sam Zimmerman wrote: Has anyone mastered the LXsim program? I have loaded the North American database but can't get the simulator aircraft to leave Slovakia. I loaded Perry TPs and a task, have tried "starting" the task, but get nothing but a flight near Celjic(?). Any pointers would be appreciated. Hi Go to Program Files/LXNAV/LXSim/Data rename the earth.cit file into something like oldearth.cit copy the .cit file from your region into this same location and rename it earth.cit That is the way i got my simulator to work on my own local area (Ireland) to fly tasks etc. Mottley

Sam,

Make a .cit file with SeeYou for your area and then follow muttley's suggestion.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old March 25th 13, 02:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sam Zimmerman

how does one make a .cit file with SeeYou. I have the SeeYou program but do
not know how to make that file

Old March 25th 13, 03:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Monday, March 25, 2013 7:20:52 AM UTC-7, Sam Zimmerman wrote:
how does one make a .cit file with SeeYou. I have the SeeYou program but do not know how to make that file "Richard" wrote in message ... On Sunday, March 24, 2013 4:46:22 PM UTC-7, Sam Zimmerman wrote: where would I find a .cit file for my region? "Muttley" wrote in message ... On Sunday, March 24, 2013 3:06:13 PM UTC, Sam Zimmerman wrote: Has anyone mastered the LXsim program? I have loaded the North American database but can't get the simulator aircraft to leave Slovakia. I loaded Perry TPs and a task, have tried "starting" the task, but get nothing but a flight near Celjic(?). Any pointers would be appreciated. Hi Go to Program Files/LXNAV/LXSim/Data rename the earth.cit file into something like oldearth.cit copy the .cit file from your region into this same location and rename it earth.cit That is the way i got my simulator to work on my own local area (Ireland) to fly tasks etc. Mottley Sam, Make a .cit file with SeeYou for your area and then follow muttley's suggestion. Richard www.craggyaero.com

Sam,

go to

http://www.naviter.com/products/seeyou/

and download the manual Page 17 & 18 explains the Mobile Wizard and how to produce the needed files.

Or Call me after you have SeeYou running on your PC It will only take a couple of minutes.

Thanks,
Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Old May 28th 14, 05:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, March 24, 2013 9:39:08 PM UTC, waremark wrote:
I was not able to make it work in portrait mode - the bottom row of buttons is not available. Have others had this problem?

I have the same problem but solved it by rotating the laptop screen 90 degrees, not very elegant, but at least you get the full portrait screen, which if you are going to have a portrait setup in your glider, you need.