Canadian pilot posts ILLEGAL flight into US on OLC

Old July 27th 19, 02:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Canadian pilot posts ILLEGAL flight into US on OLC

Many things surprised me in Bob's post, and since it is on the Internet, it must be true. Although he sounds suspiciously non-Canadian. I saw not one reference to hockey.

Old July 27th 19, 02:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

It’s July down here. The rink melted. It is sled dog racing season... Go Huskies!
Old July 27th 19, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_3_]

Thanks for all the entertainment guys. Bob, your post was hilarious. Chester, you’re a class act. I hope to meet you in the skies some day. Tom, for the life of me I can’t fathom why you’d post such incendiary stuff. All, Chester and his immediate soaring community just lost two dear friends in a midair. This is a beautiful, but harsh hobby and fatalities happen all too often. My condolences to our neighbors to the north. So sorry we’ve lost a part of our community. Be well everyone & try to play nice.
Old July 27th 19, 03:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

I suppose if you file a flight plan to soar into Canadian airspace and return to the US without landing in your experimental glider, you'd need to include a CC number to pay Transport Canada their $100 fee and maybe wait for a confirmation e-mail (like Best Buy and other vendors) before setting out;^)

Frank Whiteley

Old July 27th 19, 05:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Frank Whiteley wrote on 7/27/2019 7:52 AM:
I suppose if you file a flight plan to soar into Canadian airspace and return to the US without landing in your experimental glider, you'd need to include a CC number to pay Transport Canada their $100 fee and maybe wait for a confirmation e-mail (like Best Buy and other vendors) before setting out;^)

From the AOPA website:

"Customs and Borders Protection requires an annual user fee decal ($27.50) – allow
a few weeks for delivery. "

And ...

"Thanks to an agreement between the FAA and Transport Canada, flying an
experimental aircraft into Canada is now easier than ever. All that is needed is
the document Standardized Validation of a Special Airworthiness
Certificate—Experimental, for the Purpose of Operating a United States-Registered
Amateur-Built Aircraft in Canadian Airspace which details the restrictions (minor
in nature) applicable in Canadian airspace. Download the form and carry it with
the aircraft at all times in Canada."

No more $100 fee. I did not investigate the need for either the CBP fee or the
form if you were only overflying, and not landing.

Old July 27th 19, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Saturday, July 27, 2019 at 7:26:00 AM UTC-7, Craig Funston wrote:
Thanks for all the entertainment guys. Bob, your post was hilarious. Chester, you’re a class act. I hope to meet you in the skies some day. Tom, for the life of me I can’t fathom why you’d post such incendiary stuff. All, Chester and his immediate soaring community just lost two dear friends in a midair. This is a beautiful, but harsh hobby and fatalities happen all too often. My condolences to our neighbors to the north.. So sorry we’ve lost a part of our community. Be well everyone & try to play nice.

I believe I have stated several times that Chester runs the very real risk of a $10,000 fine and/or seizure of his glider should he ever have to land in the US. And the CBP considers you guilty until you prove yourself innocent. That is just fact.
Old July 27th 19, 08:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergeek

You have to be ****ing me, you mean there are glider pilots ( at least one) that have nothing better to do than scour the OLC flights and nit pick them on RAS? And what makes it worse the OP doesn’t even have enough class to admit his mistake. Shouldn’t you extend an apology tuck your tail and disappear and go polish your wings instead of pouring more avgas on the fire. If you really cared about this gentleman’s flight you should have PM’d him and kept this private then you wouldn’t be cleaning your foot in your mouth....is ****ing spelled with one T or two?
Old July 27th 19, 11:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Quebec

I believe I have stated several times that you are a useless oxygen thief. If I haven’t, I do so now.
You were wrong in every way, and can’t bring your tiny little mind to accept that you proved yourself a complete idiot.
Old July 28th 19, 01:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BobW

I believe I have stated several times that you are a useless oxygen thief.
If I haven’t, I do so now. You were wrong in every way, and can’t bring
your tiny little mind to accept that you proved yourself a complete idiot.

Sheesh...to paraphrase Marlon Brando (I think it was): I love the smell of ad
hominem in the morning.

It remains a great international soaring flight!
https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3....l?dsId=7436890

Bob W.

---
https://www.avg.com

Old July 28th 19, 01:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

2G that 'Blame Canada' song was just a joke. Satire. Wasn't serious, you are not supposed to hate Canadians. Thank you for following orders but you need to adjust your filter so you only follow real propaganda. And hate the right people, the ones your masters want you to hate.