Laminar flow demo?

Old October 25th 10, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
CaveLamb

Default Laminar flow demo?

http://www.wimp.com/reversedlaminar/

--

Richard Lamb
email me:

Old October 27th 10, 04:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
CaveLamb

CaveLamb wrote:
http://www.wimp.com/reversedlaminar/

I thought it was fascinating how the dye markers "unwound"
back to their original spots.

Gotta admit, I didn't expect that at first.

Old October 27th 10, 01:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

"CaveLamb" wrote in message
m...
CaveLamb wrote:
http://www.wimp.com/reversedlaminar/

I thought it was fascinating how the dye markers "unwound"
back to their original spots.

Gotta admit, I didn't expect that at first.

--

Richard Lamb
email me:
web site:
www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb

I still don't fully understand it, but it is certainly fascinating.

Peter

Old October 27th 10, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Richard Isakson

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message
"CaveLamb" wrote in message
om...
CaveLamb wrote:
http://www.wimp.com/reversedlaminar/

I thought it was fascinating how the dye markers "unwound"
back to their original spots.

Gotta admit, I didn't expect that at first.

--

Richard Lamb
email me:
web site:
www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb

I still don't fully understand it, but it is certainly fascinating.

Peter

This being the internet, I didn't entirely believe it.

Richard Isakson

Old October 27th 10, 05:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Alan Baker

In article ,
"Richard Isakson" wrote:

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message
"CaveLamb" wrote in message
om...
CaveLamb wrote:
http://www.wimp.com/reversedlaminar/

I thought it was fascinating how the dye markers "unwound"
back to their original spots.

Gotta admit, I didn't expect that at first.

--

Richard Lamb
email me:
web site:
www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb

I still don't fully understand it, but it is certainly fascinating.

Peter

This being the internet, I didn't entirely believe it.

Richard Isakson

Believe it. I've seen it a number of times.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old October 28th 10, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

"Richard Isakson" wrote in message
"Peter Dohm" wrote in message
"CaveLamb" wrote in message
news:GrOdndrhCcjoC1rRnZ2dnUVZ_u6dnZ2d@earthlink. com...
CaveLamb wrote:
http://www.wimp.com/reversedlaminar/

I thought it was fascinating how the dye markers "unwound"
back to their original spots.

Gotta admit, I didn't expect that at first.

--

Richard Lamb
email me:
web site:
www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb

I still don't fully understand it, but it is certainly fascinating.

Peter

This being the internet, I didn't entirely believe it.

Richard Isakson

It's a simple and inexpensive enough demonstration to duplicate if you have
any interest, and it certainly helps to demonstrate why laminar flow causes
less drag--mixing does not provide any usable lift.

Peter

Old October 28th 10, 05:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
John Halpenny

On Oct 27, 12:56*pm, Alan Baker wrote:
In article ,
*"Richard Isakson" wrote:

"Peter Dohm" *wrote in message
"CaveLamb" wrote in message
om...
CaveLamb wrote:
http://www.wimp.com/reversedlaminar/

I thought it was fascinating how the dye markers "unwound"
back to their original spots.

Gotta admit, I didn't expect that at first.

--

Richard Lamb
email me:
web site: *www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb

I still don't fully understand it, but it is certainly fascinating.

Peter

This being the internet, I didn't entirely believe it.

Richard Isakson

Believe it. I've seen it a number of times.

We did a very similar demo in at my high school open house... about 50
years ago.

John Halpenny

Oil for flow vis Steve Leonard Soaring 0 December 6th 07 01:40 AM
O.T. Crude Oil Flow olympusE1 Home Built 11 February 20th 07 10:16 PM
Cherokee 140 - LASAR vs. Powerflow vs. Laminar Speed Kit EridanMan Piloting 23 June 29th 06 04:43 PM
Cherokee 140 - LASAR vs. Powerflow vs. Laminar Speed Kit EridanMan Owning 23 June 29th 06 04:43 PM
V8 fuel flow Robert Bates Home Built 34 January 24th 05 04:41 AM