How To Get The Most out of your LXNAV glide computer - Webinar -Available for View Online

Old June 21st 19, 05:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default How To Get The Most out of your LXNAV glide computer - Webinar -Available for View Online

Hi,

The SSA webinar "How To Get The Most out of your LXNAV glide computer" hosted by David Lessnick and Bruno Vassel with presentation by Paul Remde is available to view online now. It's free.

https://www.ssa.org/Webinars

A huge Thank You to David Lessnick for organizing and putting-on these wonderful SSA webinars!!! Thank you also to Bruno Vassel for your participation and support.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
Old June 21st 19, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]

On Thursday, June 20, 2019 at 9:58:33 PM UTC-7, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi,

The SSA webinar "How To Get The Most out of your LXNAV glide computer" hosted by David Lessnick and Bruno Vassel with presentation by Paul Remde is available to view online now. It's free.

https://www.ssa.org/Webinars

A huge Thank You to David Lessnick for organizing and putting-on these wonderful SSA webinars!!! Thank you also to Bruno Vassel for your participation and support.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Paul, Excellent presentation, I learned several good tips. In the presentation you mentioned that you now have a hand out LX tips available on your website. Could you point to where that is on your website. You also mentioned that LXNav has a ppt presentation. Could you [point to that as well. Many thanks, Dan
Old June 21st 19, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Dan,

Thanks. The 2 documents you asked about are listed on the SSA Webinars page - next to the link to the video.
https://www.ssa.org/Webinars

Also, the LX80x0 and LX90x0 Tips document is available on my LXNAV page he
http://cumulus-soaring.com/lxnav.htm#LXNAV-LX8080
or, more directly, he
http://cumulus-soaring.com/lxnav/LX8...X90x0-Tips.pdf

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old June 21st 19, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ripacheco1967

In the video it was stated that pilots should "avoid" turning the unit off "just like that" to "shut it down properly".
I know is a Linux-based system.
We tell our customers never to just unplug a Linux-based server... this is avionics... this is attached to the cockpit... shouldn't avionics allow this? I'm new to gliders but this is a bit scary. Will the thing just hung like many Linux servers who are improperly shutdown do? I expect more from avionics really.
I am misunderstanding something?
Old June 21st 19, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, 21 June 2019 22:26:03 UTC+2, ripacheco1967 wrote:
In the video it was stated that pilots should "avoid" turning the unit off "just like that" to "shut it down properly".
I know is a Linux-based system.
We tell our customers never to just unplug a Linux-based server... this is avionics... this is attached to the cockpit... shouldn't avionics allow this? I'm new to gliders but this is a bit scary. Will the thing just hung like many Linux servers who are improperly shutdown do? I expect more from avionics really.
I am misunderstanding something?

This is uncertified avionics, explicitly not to be used as a primary navigation source.

That said I usually just hit the master switch to no discernible ill effects yet.
Old June 21st 19, 10:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ripacheco1967

ohhhh... non-certified.
Ok I'm trying to understand. we couldn't have anything "uncertified" in the panel of a C-152 ... lots to learn.
Old June 21st 19, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]

On Friday, June 21, 2019 at 12:17:12 PM UTC-7, Paul Remde wrote:
[...]

thanks Paul,
The SSA links didn't work earlier today but they work great now.
Dan

Dittel glide computer [email protected] Soaring 17 March 27th 16 04:20 PM
Glide computer review Itsaplane[_2_] Soaring 24 December 11th 09 05:43 PM
iPhone Glide Computer Kloudy via AviationKB.com Soaring 13 September 13th 07 03:41 AM
Glide computer Mark Siegelberg Soaring 1 January 13th 07 01:08 PM
Best Glide computer and why Roger Soaring 10 October 24th 06 08:28 PM