WANTED: Used instruments, parachute, wing stands, etc.

Old June 27th 19, 03:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Shelton

Default WANTED: Used instruments, parachute, wing stands, etc.

I have a long shopping list and I'm hoping to find some of these items used. Let me know what you have!

1) Radio: Trig TY91, Microair or similar. Also need a boom mic.

2) Transponder: Trig TT21 and TN72

3) PowerFLARM Core

4) LX Nav S80 Vario

5) Oudie 2 or Oudie FAI

6) Mountain High EDS - Single Place

7) Parachute: Less than 10 years old. Prefer a Strong 305 or Long Softie but I'll consider backpack types. I'm 165 pounds so I don't need an enormous canopy.

8) Wing Stands

9) Tow-Out Gear: Wing wheel and tow bar for typical 15m glider.

10) One Man Rigger

You can contact me at

Thanks! -David
Old June 28th 19, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_3_]

On Wednesday, June 26, 2019 at 7:54:31 PM UTC-7, David Shelton wrote:
I have a long shopping list and I'm hoping to find some of these items used. Let me know what you have!

1) Radio: Trig TY91, Microair or similar. Also need a boom mic.

2) Transponder: Trig TT21 and TN72

3) PowerFLARM Core

4) LX Nav S80 Vario

5) Oudie 2 or Oudie FAI

6) Mountain High EDS - Single Place

7) Parachute: Less than 10 years old. Prefer a Strong 305 or Long Softie but I'll consider backpack types. I'm 165 pounds so I don't need an enormous canopy.

8) Wing Stands

9) Tow-Out Gear: Wing wheel and tow bar for typical 15m glider.

10) One Man Rigger

You can contact me at

Thanks! -David

Hi David,

I have everything on your list with the following mods.

Vario - LXnav S7
Flight computer - Avier
Parachute - National (18 years old)

They come as a package along with a lovely Nimbus 3. Yours now for the low low price of $26k.
https://wingsandwheels.com/class/classified.php?id=3052

Thanks,
Craig

Old June 28th 19, 04:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Shelton

On Thursday, June 27, 2019 at 6:42:38 PM UTC-7, Craig Funston wrote:
[...]

That's certainly a lot of bang-for-the-buck. When I was a teenager, the Nimbus 3 was actually my favorite sailplane. However, after owning a Lak-12 for a while, I grew to appreciate smaller and lighter gliders
Old June 28th 19, 12:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_2_]

Is David building his own glider?

Old June 28th 19, 03:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Thursday, June 27, 2019 at 8:59:18 PM UTC-7, David Shelton wrote:
[...]

The inter-wing panels on a ASG29 must weigh about as much as the inter-panels on my former Nimbus 4. If you want light go standard class.
Old June 29th 19, 04:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, June 28, 2019 at 4:55:32 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Is David building his own glider?

I'm fixing up a Pik-20E that hasn't flown in a few decades.
Old June 29th 19, 04:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Shelton

On Friday, June 28, 2019 at 4:55:32 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Is David building his own glider?

I'm fixing up a Pik-20E that hasn't flown in a few decades. The airframe and engine are very low time but it's missing all the goodies.
Old June 29th 19, 07:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_2_]

OK....be safe...don’t cut any corners. Something simple as mylar can hurt you.

Wanted Instruments [email protected] Soaring 1 April 25th 17 12:19 PM
Wanted Instruments [email protected] Soaring 0 April 20th 17 01:53 PM
Wing Stands glider[_2_] Soaring 7 May 14th 10 03:57 AM
Cymbol wing stands glider[_2_] Soaring 0 May 14th 10 01:06 AM
Wing Stands C-170A Restoration 0 April 30th 06 09:37 PM