A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Glideport problem

Old May 4th 19, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Glideport problem

Glideport is refusing to verify my new Garmin Inreach map sharing address. I am using the listed address obtained from the Garmin Inreach site. This address works on the SSA site. Anybody got any ideas?
Old May 5th 19, 06:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]
external usenet poster

There is a known problem with glideport and Ineaches. Many Inreaches stop showing on glideport after sometime, often without their owner knowledge.
Mine stops showing 1-2 times per year. Everytime it happens I email Pedja the owner of glideport and he fixes it. Obviously this is not a sclable solution.

Ramy
Old May 5th 19, 02:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Garmin has a new format for the url for their map page which they assig. A friend is having an issue on SSA site and Glideport. He has notified Pedja but so far no joy. This what the url looks like https://us0-share.inreach.garmin.com/share/*****. The asterisks can be customized. The prior format https://share.garmin.com/*****
Old May 7th 19, 12:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, May 4, 2019 at 11:06:46 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Glideport is refusing to verify my new Garmin Inreach map sharing address. I am using the listed address obtained from the Garmin Inreach site. This address works on the SSA site. Anybody got any ideas?

I also just tried entering my inReach share URL at Glideport and get: "inReach key did not verify." I can save the URL on the SSA site but no track shows up. Emailed the SSA but haven't heard back. Anyone have a solution?
Old May 13th 19, 11:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
pjschae
external usenet poster

I have emailed Glideport twice with no response.
Old May 14th 19, 09:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley
external usenet poster

On Saturday, May 4, 2019 at 11:06:46 AM UTC-6, wrote:

I spoke with the new administrator Friday and he's aware of the issue but not sure he's been able to contact the old administrator for assistance, which may be needed.

Frank Whiteley
Old May 15th 19, 01:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
pjschae
external usenet poster

Thanks Frank!
Old May 29th 19, 05:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]
external usenet poster

Frank,

Who is the new administrator? My inreach keep disapearing from the SSA tracker every few month and the response time to get it back is growing exponentially. It is not a problem on the inreach side since the trace are showing on the inreach web site. I know of other inreaches suffering similar fate. I consider this a high priority safety issue since this is the main tool folks are using to check on their buddies to make sure they make it home safe.

Thanks,

Ramy
Old May 29th 19, 03:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at 10:20:01 PM UTC-6, Ramy wrote:
Frank,

Who is the new administrator? My inreach keep disapearing from the SSA tracker every few month and the response time to get it back is growing exponentially. It is not a problem on the inreach side since the trace are showing on the inreach web site. I know of other inreaches suffering similar fate. I consider this a high priority safety issue since this is the main tool folks are using to check on their buddies to make sure they make it home safe.

Thanks,

Ramy

Johann Posch. See SSA member locator.

Frank
Old May 29th 19, 07:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Will the new administrator fix some of the other annoyances on that site? E.g., when you click "search", it goes ahead and repeats the last search you've done in the past, which takes a while, and only after that you can enter the search that you actually want to do. Plus the search string format is not obvious and too easy to get no hits if you enter something wrong.

Yeah I know, money back guarantee :-) Thanks for the site, but also thanks if you improve it further.