King GPS parts compatibility

Old January 3rd 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default King GPS parts compatibility

I just became the proud owner of an auction radio, a King KLN 89B GPS
reciever only, sold without tray or antenna.

I was curious about how interchangeable the trays are between the KLN
models.. say.. is the connector on a KLN 88 loran tray physically
compatible with the KLN 89 chassis (I will be doing the wiring from
scratch, so pinouts dont matter as long as the connectors mate)

Same question for the other KLN trays of similar size, the 90 A/B and
the 94...

Dave
Old January 4th 06, 06:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

The 89/B, 90, and 94 are all pin for pin compatible. I have the 89/B in
my plane.

-------------
Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
KSWI

Old January 6th 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Unfortunately, the 90 is different. A real ****-off... can't upgrade
to a '94 like you can if you have an '89. So buy a garmin instead!

I believe the 88 is different too. Different connector on '88.
I believe the lock is in a different place too.

Don't mean to be sending discouraging messages... Bill Hale

Old January 8th 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Bill wrote:
Unfortunately, the 90 is different. A real ****-off... can't upgrade
to a '94 like you can if you have an '89. So buy a garmin instead!

I believe the 88 is different too. Different connector on '88.
I believe the lock is in a different place too.

Don't mean to be sending discouraging messages... Bill Hale

Thanks for the feedback... Its just a matter of knowing what my used
purchase options are before springing for new.

Dave