Lake Placid, NY Soaring Encampment 9-29 thru 10-3

Old September 6th 16, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Lake Placid, NY Soaring Encampment 9-29 thru 10-3

There are approximately 3 spots availble...

Adirondack Soaring invites you to our 4th annual Lake Placid Wave & Flying Encampment in Lake Placid, NY. The Canadian’s have been coming down for years. This year’s event will be held from Thursday, September 29th thru Monday, October 3rd. Stay the entire week or come just for the weekend. This event allows clubs to gather and enjoy camaraderie through various social events. Please pass this note on to others in your club that might be interested. We also plan on having a BBQ on Saturday evening. Please e-mail me if you plan on attending, as we would like to make sure we have enough towplanes for the event. There is limited space.

There is an office area with bathrooms and showers. We take a $10 donation for your stay to hire a cleaning lady to clean the restrooms after we leave.. Lake Placid Airport also has a great camping area and an area for bonfires at night.

For those of you that are not interested in camping on the field, here are some listings of some of the local motels:

http://www.lakeplacid.com/stay/lodging

More information:

http://www.flymsc.org/Lake_Placid_V2/index.html

http://soaringweb.org/TP/Lake_placid

This site is courtesy of our Canadian Friends at Montreal Soaring.

Tows are being provided by Adirondack Soaring Association. You must be a member of the SSA (Soaring Society of America) to meet our insurance requirements.

Tow Costs:

2,000 ft $40
3,000 ft $55
4,000 ft $75

Please pass this on to anyone in your soaring club or community that might be interested in attending.

If you are planning on attending please e-mail me at: